Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Kiko Calero

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Kiko Calero
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 06:53 pm:

He has had 98 Ks in 83 1/3 innings the last two years, with a 2.80 ERA. Last year he had a .82 WHIP.

This guy might be our next closer. He's cheaper than Dotel will be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 08:08 pm:

and don't forget that because the genius traded for him he is an automatic future cy young and all star for the rest of the decade.

and I'm going stop posting while I'm ahead...

please use ****** on your F because I don't want to keep editing posts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 01:05 am:

Take it easy, Lil. I'm not saying I think he would be a good choice to be the closer. I'm just saying that based on his stats, it's possible we acquired him to be the closer because he's a cheaper option than Dotel. I was ripping on Schott's cheapness, not espousing BB's brilliance. So relax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 01:15 am:

I think both Dotel and Durazo will be signed. If one of the newbies ... including Street, show they are ready to close, then Dotel should be very easy to deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 09:16 am:

I think Beane will try to sign Dotel and Durazo
to reasonable contracts to their FA time. If
they opt for arbitration, I think they will
be traded. Beane is target 2 seasons down
the road to make a serious run, arbitration would
not allow the A's to keep them for that run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 12:07 pm:

Ya gotta admit, it's been a long time since we've had a player with such a catchy name.

(being facetious here)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 12:34 pm:

I can just hear Cacha now...

heh...bring in that Kicaw fella if he's ready and tell em not to throw em any cookies out there...
(insert here removing of his cap and scratching head while chewing gum furiously with mouth open)

sigh....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joseozzie on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 04:03 pm:

Lil, I find it so interesting that you rip "the genious" and the cheap owner and "cacha" but you will be back, just like Sacto says, with your season tickets putting money in all their pockets....

now really, who is the silly one??

you should stop posting while you are ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 04:18 pm:

how about you looking in the mirror to see how silly you are?

and I really don't care about what you want me to consider...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 10:23 pm:

frankly, the Macha schtick was DEAD ON! The gum, the hair, the cap - but I really love the heavy Pittsburgh accent (just like my inlaws).

RE: calero
My friend in St. Louis said he's good as long as they don't have him "do too much" - that means, throw too many innings. He said also that he stunk in his short time as closer.

But, that's neither here nor there.

Now, play nicely kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 11:38 pm:

Yes, putting money in the owners pockets but also the players and personnel who are here. What is so silly about devotion to the A's? This is an A's fan site afterall. Silly, are the so called A's fans who whine about frugality of ownership, yet couldn't care less about the the team's financial viability.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 11:57 pm:

It's a Catch-22, but buying tix is a better way to spite the owners than giving them ammunition to move or contract the team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joseozzie on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 12:07 am:

" It's a Catch-22, but buying tix is a better way to spite the owners than giving them ammunition to move or contract the team"

I still find it kind of hypocritical that you hate them, and you rip them but then you give them your ticket money to make your point?

to quote Season Ticket Lil--"sigh..."

Sacto has you all figured out---funny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 12:30 am:

Lil and Jerry-o do not get it, the threat of buying season tix or going to games has no meaning in the team staying in oakville, if schott has plans to move the team he will do so no matter what attendance is, i mean common they have attracted 2.2 mill and he is dismantling the team so attendance means nothing to him but $$$$ to put in his land biz.

Lil buys season tix cause she has nothing better to do with herself but support her only hobbie baseball, but griping about how a team is run then buying tix is hypocritical don't you think Lil?

the only way ol schott feels the impact of his ways is through his pocket book and again if he is going to move the team he will do so if attendance is 2.6 mill or 1.3 mill IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pokayoats on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 01:40 am:

My mom was seriously pissed off at me for years because I would constantly get bad grades. She didn't give up on me and I just graduated college.

It comes down to love, and I'll be damned if I give up on the A's now.

Where can I buy my Dan Haren jersey-T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 01:47 am:

No reason to get so personal. Jesus thats just hostile. I will still probably go to games but I will do everything in my power to spend the smallest amount of jack as posible. Thats whats great about going to A's games. There are so many ways to go for next to nothing. I'm not frugal by any stretch of the immagination. However, I made up my mind three years ago that I would no longer renew my season tix package as long as Schitt is around. I dont know about anyone else, but every year I got screwed on my packages. My tickets were in sec 216. But, if it were opening night, or a big series like the Yanks or Giants my tickets would be in a section in the plaza level outfield. Every year I would have to fight to have the problem fixed. Finaly I gave up. I got tired of getting screwed without being kissed.

Unfortunatley the loop holes of frugality are rapidly dwindling. You can no longer park in the dirt on the opposite side of the freeway without running the risk of being ticketed. This was always free for as long as I could remember but no longer. The student discounts are gone. AAA membership discounts are still good. Schitt even went so far as to cut these off during the final month of the season last year so who knows if they will still be around next year. Subway coupons can be had and you can even grab copious amounts of them in places like San Francisco where most people don't give a shit.

Do what you want. I however like the idea of seeing the game and keeping almost all my money out of Schitts pocket. Also bring food, that stuff they sell is terrible. Besides, that shit will kill you. Unless you go to the Black Muslim Bakery which rocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 10:31 am:

Joseozzie and Sactodavey:

It's not hypocritical at all. It all comes down to love for the Oakland A's and the city of Oakland itself.

A lot of us hate Schott because we love the Oakland A's and we hate that Schott runs the team on the cheap, routinely insults Oakland and may move the A's away from us.

Why buy season tickets or go to a bunch of A's games? Again, because we love the Oakland A's. And also, the best way to play into Schott's/Selig's hands is to stay away from Coliseum, then they can claim falsely that there's no support.

It's that simple. You can simultaneously hate Schott and buy A's tickets for the same reason: Trying to keep the A's in Oakland.

That's not hypocritical or paradoxical in any way. It's as coldly rational as you can get.

Sacto, not going to games while complaining about the owners is like complaining about politicians but then admitting that you never vote.

And another thing, Sactodavey: Diss the post and not the poster. Your post above is out of line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 10:47 am:

Lil buys season tix cause she has nothing better to do with herself but support her only hobbie baseball, but griping about how a team is run then buying tix is hypocritical don't you think Lil?

No, I don't think it is hypocritical at all.

Don't you read the number of posts and articles with complaints of low attendance during the year? Even Billy Beane's recent press conference alluded to the attendance and consequent low revenue?

And you don't know what I do in my life to make offensive statements such as the above. In fact you don't know at all so you have no idea what hobbies I have or don't have...

But since we are in the offensive here....I must say that you at least went through the trouble of running your post through spell check...or got a ghost writer that wispered in your ear...or your spelling is greatly improved when you're not PUI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 12:36 pm:

Excellent post, Chris d ... very well stated.

And, gosh, there are several thousand fans ... in 30 cities, no less (season tix holders) who have nothing else to do in life with only baseball as a hobby? C'mon, sacto, get real. How many days in a year, as opposed to 82? How many hours in a day or a night? Ridiculous statement. And, besides, we ALL choose what we do and where we spend our money. Remember, man/woman can't live on baseball alone. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 12:46 pm:

I too will continue to purchase season tickets, and do not feel that it is hypocritical at all. I think a comparable analogy is "taxes": Everybody hates them, everybody bitches about the government, but everybody pays them. The natural response is "but you HAVE TO pay taxes, or you go to jail". Well, due to my love of the game, and all of the friends that I have there, not going to the ballpark would be the psychological equivilant of going to jail for me. I am not going to deprive myself of the pleasure of going to the ballpark just because I hate the ownership. Do you think they are going to feel it if they don't get my season ticket money? I don't.

I am not saying that this is what everyone should do, but those are my reasons, although I owe Sactodavey no explanation at all for my actions. He can sit around and be miserable in his little spell-check deprived world all he wants, while I'm enjoying myself at the ballpark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 02:44 pm:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this conversation is devolving into a pissing match.

C'mon, guys! We're all bummed. Let's not take our bummishness (sic) out on each other. We should buck each other up.

Hey! I sound like Tiny Tim! "Bless us all, every one."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 03:10 pm:

"I'd say this conversation is devolving into a pissing match."

I didn't know we were talking about Moises Alou. *rim shot*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 03:39 pm:

yc, I'll give you a three-pointer plus a free throw on that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 03:54 pm:

Nicely done, YC. With authority!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 09:51 pm:

I love you guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 12:05 am:

Hey Lil give me some credit for glossing or illustrious Field Manager "Cacah" intelectial property.lol! BTW PUI (Posting Under the Influence) funny! I too have seen some of Sacto's postings that were down right readable but most of the time it's like I let my 2 y/o lose on the keyboard.

If we are in last by mid season the only thing that will make it bearable is if BB gives Cacah his pink slip. I'd love to see Wash get the interim job or at the very least Lach. Also, for everyone do you feel as I do that Billy brought Lach in to supplant Macha at mid season or the end of the season if we do really poorly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pokayoats on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 01:01 am:

If we are in last by mid season Macha is gone. Why? Because it would make Billy look like his off season trades were bad. Lach would probably take over until the end of the season. I really, REALLY hope Washington is our manager next year. A balls to the wall kinda guy who can teach would be amazing for this young team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 09:05 am:

Ok washfan, I offcially give you total credit for the Cacah nickname.

And I do agree Cacah is in line as the scape goat this time, although he has shown he is very good at blaming people around him when things goes bad...like blaming his bench coach for giving him the wrong lineup card and wrong match-ups...please,,
I sure hope he doesn't get Wash fired if and when he feels the heat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 01:13 pm:

Macha = Cacha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 03:07 pm:

Maybe Wash becomes our Bench Coach if Lach suceeds Cacah, a step in the right direction. If Wash keeps his mouth shut when Cacah starts throwing around blame then he will survive. I think BB knows he's got a good baseball man/teacher of fundementals in Wash.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.