Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Gammons on BB-"he already has a pretty good trade offer for Cruz"

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Gammons on BB-"he already has a pretty good trade offer for Cruz"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:29 pm:

FYI-http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1949178

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:35 pm:

What they can't even afford to keep Cruz!? :)

Hmmmm that could prove to be interesting. I wish Andruw Jackson would have been more specific about what the offer is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:45 pm:

Well, unless it is a young stud with some pop ... ain't gonna make a whole lot of difference.

Since Cincy has dedicated itself to working on its pen this year, you don't suppose ....? No, probably not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:46 pm:

yc, things are so crazy right now that I'm not even gonna bother coming to any conclusions. we are stockpiling a surplus of young arms. BB's made a helluva lotta deals but he still hasn't made a move for a big stick. maybe he'll trade Byrnes, Cruz, etc. for one? (I can only dream.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:47 pm:

dj, i was thinking cincy too...but then again, we're always drooling over Kearns/Dunn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 10:50 pm:

Cleveland needs bullpen help and they have a lot of good young hitters. No they ain't going to trade Travis Hafner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 11:14 pm:

okp, I drool over Willy Mo Pena, though I don't think yc agrees with me. I still think he has more upside and he is right handed.

I do agree, Cleveland might be able to provide some help in that area, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 11:21 pm:

Deajay,
I live in cincy - wily mo has some pop - but man, he's HORRIBLE in the OF - I mean, terrible. It was only a matter of time till this guy got his shot to show his offense - it was kind of like Byrnes having the ability but not getting playing time - once he did, he showed what he could do. Wily Mo was barely on this team before they gave him a chance to play.

RE: kearns

why is eveyone on his jock? He had what, ONE good year?? And injuries galore. If you are getting anyone, we would want it be dunn.

AND on that note, it IS true that cincy is working on the bullpen - they have only made a few moves, but all have been pitching and most for the pen - but questionable calls at that. Taking a chance on Ben Weber was a good gamble, but David Weathers? and now they made an offer to Kent Mercker. You would think we could put together a good package with some ready to go players and prospects for Dunn at this point. But then again, there is nowhere for him to play! We have like 40 OF's and 40 1b's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 11:27 pm:

Oh trust me...the A's would make room for Dunn. Anyways if Byrnes is indeed traded there's a spot open right there. I don't think there is any chance of getting Dunn though.

Kearns was actually more highly touted than Dunn coming out of the minors. His problem is he can't stay healthy. Cruz for Kearns is a realistic possibility but it's a risk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 11:54 pm:

I know they'd make room for dunn, I was more interested in why everyone is so excited about injury bug Kearns. I know he was a bigger prospect than Dunn in the minors - I live in cincy -but the guy CAN'T stay healthy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By slash034 on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 12:02 am:

Do we really want someone that strikes out that much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 12:04 am:

k or ground out or fly out.

He has good obp, and can hit the long ball. I don't personally care how you get out - the k's don't bother me as long as it's not on the same pitch (yes that's for you Mr. Dye!).

:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 01:14 am:

The fact that Kearns has been unable to stay healthy lowers his asking price a lot, despite a crapload of talent. He's exactly the kind of guy we would go after.

As for Wily Mo, I agree with Asch. The guy reminds me of Glenallen Hill for some reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By slash034 on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 05:59 am:

I have seen Willy Mo play a couple of times. Probably hands down the worst defensive player in the league.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 07:07 am:

Agree slash. No Willy Mo for us - tin glove.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.