Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Wade Miller

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Wade Miller
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:23 pm:

Does anyone know the health status of this guy? I know he had a bad rotator cuff last season... but he was non-tendered by the Astros, is young and was a hell of a pitcher a few years ago. He would be a great pickup for this year or next on the cheap if he can go again, and would shore up our rotation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:24 pm:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1950421

Doesn't say anything about his current health...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:28 pm:

All I know it's his shoulder that caused him to miss most of last season. This is partly a move by the Astros to clear salary to re-sign Beltran but you do have to wonder how bad it is for them to non-tender him. Beane is barely going to make budget to keep the likes of Durazo and Dotel so there won't be room for Miller even at a relatively cheap price ($2-3 million).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:32 pm:

What about Juan Gone? We could really use a big bat and it's not too much of a gamble if you give him low dollar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:42 pm:

As much as I would love to see the A's take a chance on Juan I don't think it happens. I think the A's offense is set right now. If you compare to last year I guess you can say they are better than last year with the additions of Kendall and Ginter, but last year's offense was nothing to get too excited about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 02:29 pm:

I hope we're not finished! Only one right handed bat through the first 5 of the line-up...YIKES!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 03:49 pm:

The problem with Juan Gone is while he would be a cheap sign in terms of guaranteed dollars, we'd have to load up his contract with performance incentives. The brass is probably afraid he'll actually reach those incentives and end up costing $4-5M next year or something. Just a hunch.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.