Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Mulder:"We don't have alot of fans in Oakland.."(?)

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Mulder:"We don't have alot of fans in Oakland.."(?)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 02:01 pm:

I pick up the C.C.Times sports page, and read Mulder saying, "We didn't have a lot of fans in Oakland, but the ones we had were great.One of the most exciting things I'm going to enjoy is playing in front of a packed crowd every night.."
I think this is the beginning of the end for us fans.I'm sure Mulder is only one of many who want to get out of here, and play for a decent owner. I'm devastated by Hudson and Mulder gone. Especially Hudson, for charity work he and his wife did, and the excitement he brought. Every year, we keep hearing the same crap.Sam Spear came into my husband's work on Monday, and my husband was telling him how upset we were. He told my husband "it's all for the future.." Yea, in San Jose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 02:40 pm:

Well, compared to the rest of the league we had a lot of fans, but they're not there consistently. This is more of a knock on the state of baseball than on the A's though IMO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 02:59 pm:

I'm just hearing damage control from these guys year after year. I want to be proven wrong, but I just don't believe the same explanation each year...
Hudson and Mulder weren't the whole team, but they sure as hell made this team come alive. Fans can only take so much abuse from these liars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 06:49 pm:

No, that was a knock on Oakland.

BUT, yes, the difference between St. Louis and Oakland as far as fans IN the stadium for games is HUGE.

I was out there last years for the A's series and I gotta tell you - I was very impressed. The fans there, while many are moronic, are VERY loyal and the atmoshphere for those 3 games was like a playoff series, it was incredible.

I knew then why McGwire liked it so much and I think Mulder will too. Packed houses every night.

Though, THAT is not the norm. But, it was impressive and is very different from what most baseball fans see when they see the Coli during baseball games on tv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rono on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 09:05 pm:

There is nothing else to do in St Louis in the Spring and Summer according to my friends who have lived there. The focus is on baseball except for the two weeks when you go on vacation some where else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 11:10 pm:

Mulder doesn't dislike A's fans - he's just disappointed when we couldn't pack the house on Monday night. But the Bay Area and St Louis are *very* different markets with *very* different populations.

Tim Hudson had nothing but praise for Oakland and the A's. He is a true class act.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 10:39 pm:

I still believe that although Hudson loves Oakland and it's fans, most of the A's players wanna get away from Schott.
I'm just tired of hearing the same ol' crap, of how this team needed to let go of this player, or that player, for "the future.."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

And that's the funny thing - on that point. We all were talking before the trades about "which one of the 3 we'll keep" but remember, that guy has to WANT to sign. It's not enough for us to say, Hey, we want to sign you. Like, we could all say "well, Zito is gonna be the one" - but if you are zito, would you even want to stay??

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.