Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The real Jason Kendall

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The real Jason Kendall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 09:03 am:

Sounds like one writer knows how to hold a grudge.

The Grinch that stole Kendall's Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakfan on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 11:13 am:

Geeeeeze! A little sour grapes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 12:47 pm:

You know, if this was written about someone like Bonds you would be applauding the writer. Sounds like the writer is sharing his personal experiences. I'm sick of athletes being given liscence in society to behave poorly. I don't care if he plays for the A's or not, if he acts like an ahole while he plays here, I will not support him regardless of his performance. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. That being said, the cynical side of me is suspicious of anyone that is buddy buddy with Jim Rome. Think AJ Pierzynski. Also this is not the New York Post. Why is it sour grapes? Who wants to be treated like this? If I were a writer, I would take great pleasure making public any jackhole millonare baseball player who had given myself, or a bus driver a hard time. Lean back and make your millions pal, and be respectful of the minions who worship you and the not so fortunate of us that have to chauffeur you around. Call it sour grapes or player haten, I'm just sick of some of these guys getting a pass. I read an article previously where Kendall was quoted as saying that he had never had a job other then baseball. Boy I wish some how he could be forced to drive a bus for a year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakfan on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 12:55 pm:

It is sour grapes because Kendall wanted out of Pittsburgh and this is a Pittsburgh writer. If Bonds left SF and a Chronicle writer went off on him I would say the same thing.

If Kendall is a bad person, write about it while he is there, not when he has left. That is kind of Chicken $hit if you ask me.

This article is just as if the writer is saying: "Ha Ha, you thought you were going to the playoffs and were going to be in so much of a better situation, but now your not so there!" This writer needs to grow up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pokayoats on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 01:44 pm:

Sorry, but this writer is just an ass. He acts like Kendall ran over his puppy or something. Looks like he's trying to settle some kind of personal grudge while Jason isn't around. The guy is a coward who is blowing something way out of proportion when the news is slow.

Seriously, I'd say the same thing if I overheard someone ask what it was like to win the World Series. He was making a joke. Get over it man.

And to tell you the truth, wouldn't you be making remarks similar to the ones Kendall made when you are tired, been cramped up in a bus for hours, and just want to rest your head in your hotel room before having a game the next day? We all piss and moan when something doesn't go our way. Just because he makes millions of dollars doesn't give him the same rights?

This guy is just bitter that Kendall wanted out of Pittsburg bad, and feels free to trash the A's without reason or research in the process. The Pirates are still going to be a bad team and the A's are still going to be a good team at the end of '05. Maybe not as good as a month ago, but still good.

The guy needs to go sit in a corner and suck his thumb. Or better yet, GROW UP!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 01:56 pm:

I don't know what the writer scribed while Kendall was in Pittsburgh. I also dont know what kind of a guy Kendall is therefore I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But, if Kendall wanted out of Pittsburgh so bad he should never have signed a longterm contract to play for millions of dollars there. I don't care if he thought he was decieved into believing the Bucs would compete. One look into baseball economics give a player the odds of competition. I just hope its not a matter of time before he wants to be traded from here? My interpetation of this article was one in which I believe the writer was simply stating the irony of the situation. Kendall thought he was getting a x-mas present but since he's a schmuck, Santa didn't come. I don't know this writer but I would imagine he has to make nice around the Bucs clubhouse and maintain relationships in order to do his job. Just another one of us scrubs making a living. Perhaps only now has he been able to write about his unpleasent pesonal expierences in dealing with Kendall. Maybe the writer is saying Ha Ha. If that is the case perhaps he does need to grow up. If thats true then comparativley most sports writers need to grow up. Nothing shocking there. I'd rather hear the story then not here it and decide for myself wheather or not the writer is chicken *hit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 02:00 pm:

I think it's sour grapes because of the one run-in this writer had with Kendall. This is a very subjective (and poorly written) article. This guy obviously has an agenda. Maybe it stretches as far as the writer protecting the homeland against the player that was happy to get out... or maybe it's this guys' way of getting back at Kendall for cracking on his "World Series" question to another player (I tend to agree with Kendall in that case, it WAS a lame question... and I have a hard time beliving that Kendall cowered away from this guy after his lightning-quick "Maybe you'll know what it feels like some day" remark).

If someone were to take the same quotes attributed to Kendall and add a tongue-in-cheek atmosphere, he comes off as a sarcastic wise guy who likes to joke around. What's wrong with that?

Until I read the deluge of "Thank God that guy's gone!" quotes coming out of the Pittsburgh clubhouse, I'll chalk this one up to the "Nerd Getting Back At The Jock That Made Fun Of Him In High School" Syndrome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 02:25 pm:

Actually, I have heard from my friend who is a BIG pirates fan, that Kenall is indeed a big JERK. BIG JERK! He said he loves his play, even though he has no power, but that he's a good player. But as a person, he's a turd. SO, that article doesn't surprise me at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 02:39 pm:

Maybe the writer should have chalenged Kendall to a dule ala Zell Miller vs Chris Matthews. Perhaps that would have settled it and proved the writers mettle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 03:33 pm:

Well, I'm sure the writer wasn't expecting A's fans to be reading the article, because his article is naked of research where the A's are concerned and the guy sounds like he doesn't know a thing about Beane. Course, given their GM (whoever that is), that part is probably sour grapes too.

But, seriously, does he really think Kendall is so upset at the turn of our team's personnel? I mean, hey, even if Hudson and Mulder had been dealt before he was dealt to the A's, does this writer really think he still wouldn't have wanted to make the move?

Further, even if Kendall is a jerk in the clubhouse, we still exchanged two jerks for one jerk (if that's the case); so we still come out ahead. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 03:37 pm:

Great. We can't pay $15 million for Huddy but we can pay $11 million for a guy who may turn out to be a clubhouse cancer. Happy New Year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 07:16 pm:

I don't think he'll be a cancer here at all - mainly because, we have a talented team that wins -even with the changes we made, 2005 will be more competetive in Oakland than Pitt for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 10:11 pm:

Rob Burchianti's next three articles:

"Mr. Wright's Obsession With Young Boys"
A behind-the-scenes expose of a Totalitarian Gym Teacher. Burchianti blows the lid off the school regulations that force kids to shower after gym class... even if they are uncomfortable with their own bodies.

"Suzie Stevenson's Dirty Little Secret"
A behind-the-scenes expose of a stuck-up Prom Queen. Burchianti spares no one in his scathing tirade against cheerleaders in general and Ms. Stevenson specifically. That'll teach her!

"My Mom is a Meddling Nuisance"
A behind-the-scenes expose of an overbearing mother. Burchianti gives us a first-hand look at the real "Mommy Dearest". You may think she's only coming down to the basemant when we're playing D&D to offer us Mountain Dew and Cheetos, but she's really trying to catch us drinking beer or worshipping Satan!

BTW, you can check out Burchianti's full-on "Achey-Breaky Mullet" on this PDF of the Times Herald from a coupla years ago:

http://www.hstvnews19.com/dp/classics/1000.pdf

That pic is funnier than any lame attempts at humor in that Kendall article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 10:22 pm:

Actually, I have heard from my friend who is a BIG pirates fan, that Kenall is indeed a big JERK. BIG JERK!

Q: What do you call an a-hole that hits .300?
A: A Major League All-Star.

Q:What do you call a great guy that hits .220?
A: A mildly successful car salesman.

If I'm looking for a catcher that can get on base, steal a base and score runs, Kendall's my man. If I'm looking for a good deal on a reliable used car, I'll go elsewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 11:01 am:

Just proof that society gives these guys to much credit. When I was a child I practicly worshiped my favorite players on my favorite teams. I grew up. Idol worship in adulthood is pretty sad. I will root for the hard working, great guy, .220 hitting car salesman over the A-hole anyday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 11:40 am:

Wow a baseball player who's an asshole? The hell you say!

Really the previous post is proof that society holds too high of standards for how athletes should act.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 01:33 pm:

I will root for the hard working, great guy, .220 hitting car salesman over the A-hole anyday.

... unless the a-hole is Rickey Henderson, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 02:21 pm:

I have met Rickey on numerous occasions throughout my life and the guy couldn't have been nicer on each occasion. I know Rickey has said and done some silly things. Mostly all of the silliness had to do with money. I don't agree with Rickey's greed. That being said I think Rickey is a good person. I can understand however if you disagree because you might not have shared the same experiences in dealing with Rickey. Also, Rickey was playing ball when I was a wee lad. I use his name in honor of the outfield that roamed the colliseum when I did worship these guys. I don't care how athletes act. They can do whatever they like. No sweat off my sack. I won't support someone unconditionaly just because they play a sport I like to watch. Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 06:44 pm:

Rickey gets misquoted and taken out of context all the time.
Don't forget his championship rings and don't forget that Tony Gwynn loved him as a teammate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 06:52 pm:

I don't care how athletes act. They can do whatever they like. No sweat off my sack. I won't support someone unconditionaly just because they play a sport I like to watch. Sorry.

But you will choose to NOT support a player if he is in your opinion "an a-hole".

Forgive me for putting words in your mouth, but it looks like you DO care how they act.

Luckily I see baseball as a game. No more, no less. I'm not looking for life lessons on the diamond. If the opposing batter is a well-known a-hole like Wade Boggs, I'm gonna be happy when he strikes out. If the opposing batter is world-renowned nice guy Tony Gwynn, I'm still gonna be happy when he strikes out.

If the A's new infield of Dahmer, Manson and Bundy turn a game-saving double play, I'll cheer along with the rest of the crowd... but I'll make sure to stay away from "Meet the A's Day" at the East Bay Gun and Knife Show.

If that makes me an a-hole... fine. I'm an A's-Hole and proud of it!.If you want to make excuses for having Rickey in your username while condemning a-hole athletes, that's fine too.

I choose to be an A's fan, which means that I root for any and all players in G&G. I may criticise a player, the staff or the front office, but I'm still an A's fan.

It looks like you pick and choose your favorite players according to your view of their personality. That's an opinion you're entitled to have. But you know what they say about that:

Opinions are like fastballs: Everybody has one, but only a few are any good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 08:26 pm:

Why should any A's fan have to make excuses or explain using Rickey's name in his username?

Rickey is one of the greatest legendary players in baseball and whatever he has done or said outside the lines pales next to the many cheaters and jerks idolized by thousands of fans today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 10:29 pm:

Wow. You may be a slob but you aren't lazy. I especially like the part about being an A's hole. Very clever. I also had never heard that other insightful metaphor about fastballs and opinions. You ought to get a job as a sports writer. Your far more humorous then the guy with the mullet. Car salesmen, Mass murderers, fastballs/opinions, Mullets, nerds/jocks. Good stuff. I say uncle. You win man. Slob, you have changed my mind about everything. But in reality, I really don't care how these guys act or in all actuality what you really think. I also think zealots are pitiful. Thats my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 12:24 am:

folks folks folks, let's save the hating for the fans of the 47 year olds playing at "we've-never-actually-won-a-championship-Park" in the city.

funny stuff though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 09:13 am:

Lazy,
Outstanding wordsmithing, as for the jist of
your post Ehhhh. to each his own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 10:07 am:

rocket,

wordsmithing like that is very familiar to some of the oldtimers of this board and other i.e. the sfgate, remember?

let's hope it isn't jist a rose by another name...again...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 02:24 pm:

Speaking of wordsmithing, Ratto was prety funny today, writing about the gnats' crying about their property tax bill.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/01/02/SPGGVAK5H71.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:20 pm:

Lil,
After I posted that, I started thinking like you.
If that is the case, his ego will once again
not allow the charade to continue for long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:51 pm:

Yikes!

Add a little flavor to a discussion and all of a sudden the torch-n-pitchfork crowd comes a callin'. I guess I can lame it up a bit so as to fit in with the rest of the business-only types around here, but how much fun would that be?

Charade? Sounds like I'm being accused of something. I'm sure my IP has already been checked. I've never posted on this site or SFgate before. If the more paranoid townspeople would like further proof, I can provide links to some top-notch wordsmithing in the Mariners newsgroup a few years ago. I still laugh when I read that one.

And while I'm at it, I demand an apology. This other guy may have a similar writing style, but he could never equal my command of the wise-ass debate.

(Is that enough ego for you Rocket?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 07:04 pm:

Not quite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dansward on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 08:10 pm:

Lil, our old friend is posting over at A's Nation. He's already taken the time to bash this site, but several posters have called him on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 09:25 pm:

He has always been our greatest promoter :)
and he just can't stay away for very long...nor can he hang in for long either. We'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 09:49 pm:

"The other guy may have a similar writing style."

Hmmm, what makes him think you all are talking about "the other guy"? Think he just gave himself away. :):):):)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 10:51 pm:

wow. it's like deja vu all over again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 11:52 pm:

The more things change...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 10:18 am:

Lil, our old friend is posting over at A's Nation. He's already taken the time to bash this site, but several posters have called him on it.

Ha! I've never heard of, nor posted at anything called A's Nation.

But I'll tell you this: If you're comparing me to the guy posting there under the name "reztips" I DEFINITELY demand an apology. That guy is about as humorous as a kick in the nuts. Although his calling the people here "whiners" may have some merit from where I stand, the rest of his drivel is tiresome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 10:24 am:

and he just can't stay away for very long...nor can he hang in for long either. We'll see.

I'll bet there are plenty of people that have dificulty hanging in for long around here. I feel like a black man in a nice car... and I see Lil's flashing lights in my rear view mirror.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 10:27 am:

Hmmm, what makes him think you all are talking about "the other guy"? Think he just gave himself away.

Well done Hercule! You have caught me in my own web of lies. There will be a nice little bonus from Scotland Yard in your Paypal account.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 11:32 am:

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Use all the usernames you want; you can't hide for long. "Hercule". That's a good one, ... let's see ... is it chicagorob or is it lazyslob (by the way, that's probably very fitting) or is it just plain DS? Don't answer ... it's all three!

"I'll bet there are plenty of people that have dificulty (two "f"s, by the way, but I'm sure the error was intentional) hanging in for long around here." Yeh, tell us about it ... sadly, you're just not one of them. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:31 pm:

"Ha! I've never heard of, nor posted at anything called A's Nation."

If it is Spitzer, he's technically not lying, because it's athleticsnation, not A's Nation. Most of us, if not everyone here, also visit that site. By specifically saying "anything called A's Nation" he's drawing a distinction so as to avoid an outright lie.

Further, lazyslob started posting here right around the same time as "reztips" showed up on Athletics Nation blasting this site, its founders, and most of the posters. Lazyslob also immediately knew Dansward was talking about "reztips".

But, despite this circumstantial evidence, since lazyslob hasn't actually said anything offensive, I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt for now, mainly because he'd have to be one truly pathetic jackass to keep coming back here time after time with one lame alias after another. If it is him, he'll flame out sooner or later anyway.

Now let's just get back to talking baseball. All this amateur sleuthing gets pretty tiresome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:48 pm:

"reztips" would seem to be an appropriate handle for a travel "guide."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 03:16 pm:

That was very touching big3...you don't seem to find anything offensive unless it is directed specifically at you right?

Don't worry, I won't boot your new found friend until he steps over the line. And if he is indeed Dan Spitzer he will not be able to control his hatred for very long.

Btw, DS aka danguide aka chicagorob and others... has never been able to hang on at ANY site for very long, so don't go thinking that he was just booted from this site...or by me...

he was permanently booted from the sfgate, utne and fanhome and I never had anything to do with any of those decisions. He was booted from other sites due to his racist remarks...his insulting personal attacks...and by divulging personal private information (phone numbers and address) of persons he didn't like and those things had no connection to our site.

However, he does seem to have obsessed with the OAFC and I only wish we had the power he attributes to us as a group. He is our greatest promoter I guarantee you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 03:58 pm:

Ouch, Lil, where did that come from? I only said that I haven't found anything "lazyslob" has said offensive. Nor does it have to be directed at me - remember the "illegal" discussion? Maybe I haven't read all his posts. Either way, your sarcasm isn't appreciated, since I haven't done anything to warrant it. Meanwhile, you've called YC an "a-hole", in direct violation of the first "guideline" of this site.

And I, for one, backed up this site, its founders and the posters on athleticsnation when I read one of "reztips"' vitriolic posts. So ease up.

I'm merely saying that I choose to believe that even the biggest losers in this world have enough self-respect not to continually invade a site using one lame alias after another. Maybe I'll be proven wrong (again). And if you're somehow offended by my "amateur sleuthing" comment, that was directed at my own efforts to unveil the mystery, not anyone else's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 03:58 pm:

How do you guys know this a-hole? Oh, I'm sorry, A's-Hole. How did he get a hold of such private info?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:17 pm:

big3, maybe you didn't read all his posts...
but I find the comment below quite unwarranted from a poster who claims he never posted here before.

I feel like a black man in a nice car... and I see Lil's flashing lights in my rear view mirror

Where my comment comes from?

Perhaps you would do a much better job as a moderator since you're so politically correct... but I get a little tired over the immature fashion some point fingers at the way I delete some of the political and cute naughty words thrown around and it really gets tiring.

Some of you just enjoy to watch a train wreck as you pass by and don't care about how disturbing some of these posts can be to a forum.

I know that being a moderator is not a popular thing but somebody has to do it and as long as I'm around you'll just have to put up with it. Sooner or later I'll be gone and then you all can have a ball.

PS: yes, I did call yc an A***hole. He called himself one and I agreed with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:37 pm:

Use all the usernames you want; you can't hide for long.

Hide from who? Who's hiding?

"Hercule". That's a good one,

Thanks. I was debating between "Hercule" and "Colum-bong". I went High Road this time.

... let's see ... is it chicagorob or is it lazyslob (by the way, that's probably very fitting) or is it just plain DS? Don't answer ... it's all three!

Let me see if I got this straight. I'm supposed to be "chicagorob" and/or "DS"? Is that what you're saying. I love your interrogation style BTW. Is this where you throw the yellow legal pad at me and tell me to "write it down"?

"I'll bet there are plenty of people that have dificulty (two "f"s, by the way, but I'm sure the error was intentional) hanging in for long around here." Yeh, tell us about it ... sadly, you're just not one of them.

Ahhh. the Spellcheck Kid comes to the rescue. If you did your homework, you would know that my keyboard slightly skews the second "f" when they are typed consecutively. If I spelled the word correctly, you would easily be able to match the 2nd "f" to the sample from the suicide note found on the body thus allowing you to solve the mystery before the 4th commercial break. We can't have that can we? We wouldn't want the advertisers to suffer... er, I mean sufer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:37 pm:

If it is Spitzer, he's technically not lying, because it's athleticsnation, not A's Nation. Most of us, if not everyone here, also visit that site. By specifically saying "anything called A's Nation" he's drawing a distinction so as to avoid an outright lie.

Ahh. A person with an eye for details. I called it "A's Nation" because that was what dansward called it. If it will make you feel better:

I, lazyslob, have never posted at anything called "A's Nation", "athleticsnation", "athleticsstation", "athleticsvacation", "athleticsregurgitation", etc. Oh... and I never had sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.

Further, lazyslob started posting here right around the same time as "reztips" showed up on Athletics Nation blasting this site, its founders, and most of the posters. Lazyslob also immediately knew Dansward was talking about "reztips".

Actually, I started posting here right after we traded Hudson and Mulder over a weekend. I know this may be difficul... dificult for you to understand, but that was a big event for the A's and their fans.

I never bashed this site, the founders or the posters until this site, the founders and the posters all accused me of being someone else. And to be honest, I haven't "bashed" anyone yet.

When dansward mentioned someone bashing this site at A's Nation, I did a simple Google search for "A's Nation". The first result was "athleticsnation.com". If you go there and do a comments search for "OAFC", you get 4 results. 3 of them were very unfunny diatribes by "reztips". How hard was that?

But, despite this circumstantial evidence, since lazyslob hasn't actually said anything offensive, I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt for now, mainly because he'd have to be one truly pathetic jackass to keep coming back here time after time with one lame alias after another. If it is him, he'll flame out sooner or later anyway.

Wow! A stay of execution from bigthree. Finally, someone with a logical head on his shoulders. He knows that the DA will never go forward with this witch hunt unless there is more substantial evidence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:38 pm:

Okay, you're right, that was offensive. I must have missed that one, or skipped over it. My apologies.

Yeah, you're right, it's probably him. That and he immediately went to the "I know you checked my IP address" card. What new poster automatically assumes you're checking IP addresses?

Look, if you feel YC is being a knucklehead then I guess you have just as much of a right as the rest of us to call him out. I just thought that as the moderator of this site that you would hold yourself to a higher standard and set a better example for the rest of us, but maybe that's not fair to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:39 pm:

That was very touching big3...you don't seem to find anything offensive unless it is directed specifically at you right?

Maybe Her Majesty can provide specific examples of my offensivenes... ofensiveness.Was it because I disagreed with a poster and our feelings toward players/a-holes / idol worship? Was it because I called Ricky Henderson an a-hole (which he is widely recognized as such by many fans, reporters and players... and no, Tony Gwynn liking Rickey doesn't count. Tony likes everyone!)? Is it because I erroneously listed Kotsay's salary as 5.5mil? My feelings toward the current financial state for mid and small market teams in MLB?

Go back and read the posts from those other aliases. Do they even come close to my level of wit and inteligence?

Didn't think so.

Don't worry, I won't boot your new found friend until he steps over the line. And if he is indeed Dan Spitzer he will not be able to control his hatred for very long.

Don't worry Lil. I wont be potty-mouthing up the boards like you do. If disagreeing with you is stepping over the line, then I should probably say goodbye now. While I agree with most of your views about the A's, I disagree with the way you run this message board.

HATE... BUILDING... INSIDE!!!
CAN'T... CONTROL... RAGE!!!

LOL. "Hatred" is not an emotion I feel when typing on a keyboard. I save the hate for the people that deserve it. And I don't think anyone here deserves to be hated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:41 pm:

Ouch, Lil, where did that come from?

Welcome to the doghouse bigthree. Can I get you a drink?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 04:51 pm:

I feel like a black man in a nice car... and I see Lil's flashing lights in my rear view mirror

Is that offensive? After the garbage being levied against me?

My bad. Let's start over again:

LIL: "wordsmithing like that is very familiar to some of the oldtimers of this board and other i.e. the sfgate, remember?

let's hope it isn't jist a rose by another name...again..."

LAZY: "My apologies Ms. Diamond. I didn't realize that there have been other people to use comedy to get their point across in these boards. I now see that attempts at humor are strictly verboten. From now on, it's nothing but statistics and "yes ma'am" from me."

Or, maybe if you don't like the angry cop analogy, you could stop acting like one.

Here's a statistic. There's a 98% chance this is my last post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 05:03 pm:

Okay, you're right, that was offensive. I must have missed that one, or skipped over it. My apologies.

Dude, don't bail on me now. I thought you were my buddy.

Yeah, you're right, it's probably him. That and he immediately went to the "I know you checked my IP address" card. What new poster automatically assumes you're checking IP addresses?

No. She's wrong and she probably knows it.

I immediately went to the "IP" card because I knew that if she was accusing me of being someone who has a history on this board, she would check the IP.

BTW, this isn't 1997 any more. A lot of people know what an IP address is and what it's used for.

Look, if you feel YC is being a knucklehead then I guess you have just as much of a right as the rest of us to call him out. I just thought that as the moderator of this site that you would hold yourself to a higher standard and set a better example for the rest of us, but maybe that's not fair to you.

Awww man. What a total sell-out. I see you're trying to get out on good behavior. Well, have fun on the outside. And if you come on visiting day, remember to put an ile-fay in the ake-kay. (wink-wink)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 05:07 pm:

big3, I also apologize for venting on you. Perhaps you don't have the history behind how disturbing this guy can be to a forum. He practically destroyed the evironment at the sfgate forum. I'm determined not to allow that to happen here.

I'll take a time out and then move this thread to archive...

but I'll wait up a little since there's a 2% chance there's more humor we wouldn't want to miss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lazyslob on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

Perhaps you don't have the history behind how disturbing this guy can be to a forum.

So opinions are disturbing to a forum? Moreso than false accusations?

He practically destroyed the evironment at the sfgate forum. I'm determined not to allow that to happen here.

Wow. Talk about attributing power where it doesn't belong. If I knew I could do all this, why am I wasting my time here? I have worlds to conquer and galaxies to destroy... right after I annoy the robots at OAFC.

I'll take a time out and then move this thread to archive...

Time outs are good. I use them when my 6 yr old is throwing a tantrum. I would draw an analogy here, but I'm sure it will be deemed "offensive".

"The Archive" That must be like the "Hall Of Fame" of posts, right?

but I'll wait up a little since there's a 2% chance there's more humor we wouldn't want to miss.

You may not think it's funny, but trust me... it is.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.