Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

"A different brand of baseball": first place

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: "A different brand of baseball": first place
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

"The National Sports forum announced this week that the A's have been named the recipient of the 2005 NSF Achievement Award, presented annually to the team/organization demonstrating the most consistent advertising excellence during the past year."

Mychael Urban, A's mlb site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 10:38 pm:

Oh, and I think it is fitting the award will be handed out in Seattle, as the M's also have some clever ads. But I think their ideas were merely more a spinoff of the A's original ads the year Koch was here. I can still see him picking the cake up off the floor and eating it. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By filthyslurve on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:59 am:

By far the funniest ad I've seen was showing Jamie Moyer throwing in the pen with radar readings at 99. Two players off to the side watching ask about the gun, they look at eachother confused and a coach explains that "it's Jamie's new French gun." The last shot is of Moyer looking into the camera and saying "Ooh la la".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 12:09 pm:

99 kilometers per hr = 62 mph

Funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 12:09 pm:

Here is Mychael Urban's article:

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/news/oak_news.jsp?ymd=20050105&content_id=927924&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.