Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Schott is basically letting us know that the A's are gone.

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Schott is basically letting us know that the A's are gone.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 06:39 pm:

It all makes sense now. Schott has always said that he was "not interested in owning a team out of the Bay Area" and that if a ballpark solution is not reached than he would sell. So obviously, the A's are gone, because he's selling the team which means the buyer is probably interested in a location outside of the Bay Area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 09:25 pm:

Well, if there is any humor in this, it was Schott's comment about having just been the "caretaker" for this team during his reign.

But you're right, oaklandfan, you only had to read his comment (either sfgate or Tribune, can't recall which) re Wolff would be allowed to buy into the ownership after he succeeded in getting a ballpark site, but now that requirement has been "removed."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 09:28 pm:

Excuse me but Schott's word is worth zilch in my book.

In fact, through the years I have learned to detect when he is lying. It is very easy...all he has to do is move his lips.

He was also selling the team to local buyers in agreement to a lawsuit settlement. He was in cahoots with Selig then and he could very well be in cahoots with Selig and Wolff again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 10:15 pm:

Deajay,

I'm Oaklandfasho510, not "oaklandfan" as you referred to me.
It's ok though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 09:07 am:

Sorry, oaklandfasho510; I tend to shorten long monikers guess I didn't get past oaklandfa. :)

But it could be confusing, as there are other(s) using "oaklandfan" as part of theirs ... will be more careful, next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 07:36 pm:

Thanx! deajay

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.