Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Zito on Yabu

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Zito on Yabu
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 10:56 am:

Since Arn Tellem represents both Zito and Yabu, Zito knew the signing was coming.

"I think it's pretty cool. I think he's going to add some good flavor to the clubhouse. I don't think it really affects my role as far as being leader or whatever because of the language barrier but I'm really looking forward to meeting the guy and showing him around." And

"I hear his interpreter's a cool dude who's really into music. So I'm looking forward to getting to know both of them. I'll do whatever I can to make them both feel comfortable."

Hmm, wonder if the interpreter is better at the guitar than Barry? :) Anyway, that's good to hear and to see Barry taking that leadership role seriously. Wonder if Yabu knows to beware at rookie hazing time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 11:00 am:

Sorry, that was from A's mlb site; everything else stated thereon was pretty much what we've all already read on the different sites this morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:15 pm:

Maybe we will get Sushi as a menu/food choice from the concession stands. I'm not making that statement "tounge & cheek" I really enjoy the stuff! Let's see Safeco has the "Ichi Roll" ours could be "Yabu Kadabra Roll" one bite & poof! It magically disapears all for $10! Well I better get back to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:17 pm:

Not sure if this guitar playing thing is a good idea for Barry. I have heard his musical contributions and all I can say is that I am glad he has a day job. I can just see Barry noodling on the guitar with Hattey, Harden and Yabu's interpreter while wailing his original composition "Boy Next Door". I think it would be the worse form of rookie hazing.

Good to know Barry is definitely taking charge and making the newbies comfy in the clubhouse, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 08:59 pm:

They sell sushi at the phone park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 11:45 pm:

They used to sell BBQ pork buns from Jade Villa at the Coli back in the Bash Bros. days. I haven't seen them ever since they renovated the stadium. I could live on those things for days. Actually, I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 10:23 pm:

Jade Villa was at the Coli up until about 4-5 years ago.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.