Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Durazo Resigned

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Durazo Resigned
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bruin1946 on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 04:33 pm:

The A's just announced the resigning of Ruby for one year for an undisclosed amount.
They also signed veteran infielder Bobby Smith to a minor league contract. Smith played 5 years for TB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 04:59 pm:

Wow I like that Smith signing. He could have a breakout season here, just like Fred Stanley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:19 pm:

Unless Ginter gets hurt in ST, Smith won't make the team. Like Jack Cust probably just signed for depth at Sacramento.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:24 pm:

Oh and just read that Durazo will make $4.7 million.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:26 pm:

Garth Brooks is available he's probably just as good as Smith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:29 pm:

Durazo is moving up to the "too expensive for
Oakland level" if he has another good year.
Will he be gone after this season. Sigh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 07:33 pm:

At $4.7M, he may not even make it through the season, much less be here next year. If we don't look too competitive around July 31 you can bet Durazo's name will be heavily involved in trade rumors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 09:47 pm:

Good one, billymac.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

Rocket, I don't think the A's had any intention of signing (or keeping) Durazo beyond this year. In fact, I believe that it was very iffy right up to a month ago as to whether they were even going to keep him this year. They're hoping their next DH will come out of the system ... likely in the person of Dan Johnson. And within a couple years, you can likely throw Powell's and Barton's name in there as candidates, as well ... 1b/DH.

Bigthree, you're right; if the A's are out of it midseason, Durazo will be dealt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 10:29 pm:

Hey, I just saw where Bobby Smith is a graduate of Fremont High in Oakland. My old alma mater. No, I won't tell you the year I graduated. Let's just say that I'm certain it fell prior to the year Bobby Smith graduated. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

According to rotoworld, the A's were interested in signing Durazo to a two year deal, but he wanted too much money. They're saying what a lot of us think ... if they are out of it in July, they will try dealing Ruby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 08:38 pm:

Well, no Ruby bobblehead give away after July

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.