Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Local group forms on ballpark

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Local group forms on ballpark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 12:03 pm:

"Oakland City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente and former council member Dick Spees are heavily involved in getting a new ballpark. They agree it will take six months to figure out the financing."

"It all comes back to financing. A committee of five men made up of civic, not political, figures, has been assembled to determine how to finance a ballpark. Their names will be revealed early in February."

"I would not go as far as saying the money is there from the private sector." De La Fuente said. "I will go as far as saying this group of people working on (the ballpark financing) have developed and built projects from San Jose to San Francisco, including Oakland, and including sports venues."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/athletics/ci_2530406

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 12:19 pm:

Well, finally an interested writer goes to the right people to ask questions...

we have known all along that there were people working hard to make things happen and we as an internet community of devoted Oakland A's fans have told the powers to be that we will be there to represent and do what we can to spread the good word and fire up the troops in support of their efforts to keep the A's in Oakland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 05:58 pm:

This is encouraging, however, it looks like a downtown or waterfront stadium is definitely out of the question:

"Both men believe Wolff is focused only on the Coliseum site for a ballpark."

Well better than Vegas or Portland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 05:50 pm:

I recently did a rendering of what I think the A's new ballpark should look like if they do in fact build on the North Parking lot.

my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 05:53 pm:

I just realized I can't upload images from my office connection for some reason. I'll try when I get home, if anyone is interested...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cvkevin on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 05:27 am:

i never post, but am an avid oafc reader. i'd love to see the rendering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 10:38 am:

This same group are also looking at another site as a possibility, somewhere in the waterfront. They may have to settle on one of the sites first and then go forward.

I believe they only want to go public when they have a definite financial plan in place for the site the group decides on in agreement with the A's of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 10:27 pm:

Let's try it again....

my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 10:32 pm:

...and again

my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 10:38 pm:

Sorry, but I keep getting an error message about uploading images. I sent a message to the BoardAdmin (is that Lil, Phil or Jerry?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 10:51 pm:

test

Works for me.

Sorry Bill, don't know what to tell you. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 10:51 am:

Here's a trouble shooting idea.

Because the discussion board supports image upload and clipart, images are permitted on pages. If your browser has automatic loading of images turned off, you will see boxes where images are supposed to be displayed. To load the images, turn automatic image loading on, or click the "Load Images" button on the Netscape toolbar. In Internet Explorer, image loading is controlled with the options, accessible from the "View" menu under "Options..."

Let us know if this isn't the problem and I'll ask Phil for some help.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.