Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Got to love it - there is hope for Las Vegas to get a MLB team!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Got to love it - there is hope for Las Vegas to get a MLB team!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By simplefan on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:16 am:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1970948

The Marlins, though, may have a bigger hurdle on the other side of the Capitol, where Senate President Tom Lee appeared less receptive.

"I thought that we already appropriated money to help them move to Vegas," he said. "I was very disappointed that they publicly announced the negotiations and discussions with Las Vegas, and I don't negotiate with terrorists."

"They have informed us that they are leaving," Huizenga said. "We understand that they might stay until 2010, but that is not what I am hearing. I am hearing that they will be out before that."

Gov. Jeb Bush in 2000 rejected an attempt by the Marlins under Henry to build a new park using a tax on cruise ship passengers. Then, in 2001, a $240 million tax break for a new park died on the final day of the legislative session.

Happy Reading!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rono on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 04:41 pm:

Did any body ask Bud about this one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:01 pm:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1971595

now he is saying it is blackmail...

ha, welcome to MLB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 10:25 am:

Finally someone that gets quoted by the media
states the obvious tactic used by MLB owners to get what they want.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.