Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's impress in winter leagues

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's impress in winter leagues
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:24 pm:

Scutaro, in 241 ABs hit .335 with .414 OBP and .506 SLG.

Dan Johnson, while hitting only .248, did slug 12 HRs and had .411 OBP, while walking (39) more that striking out (25).

"As far as the a's front office is concerned any experience in the winter leagues is good experience."

"'For us anybody who wants to go down there gets a check mark in their corner,' according to assistant GM Forst."

So, my burning question, is why on earth did not the likes of Bobby Kielty go to winter ball? IMO, he needed to more than any other.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/news/oak_news.jsp?ymd=20050128&content_id=936368&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 02:27 am:

Probably because he has an infant at home and his wife said your staying home this winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 02:11 pm:

Spoken like someone who's "been there"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:12 pm:

Friends of mine who saw several games while visiting the DR over the holidays were impressed with the following Byrnesy has down there.

Hopefully, the "check mark" he gets for playing winter ball will help him keep his job in the Oakland outfield. It seems he is always on the bubble as each new season begins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 01:15 pm:

In addition to the numbers A's mlb site posted for Scutaro, he followed that with a 4-6 game two nites ago. Last nite he had only one hit ... a grand slam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 01:23 pm:

Kielty doesn't have to work hard on winter ball because Billy Beane already decided he is a ballplayer.Why should he sweat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 02:33 pm:

Do you suppose Kielty has Frankie's old blackmail photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 03:42 pm:

bingo, those pics have been doing the rounds since Jeremy and Frankie inherited them from
"I was Bournigal but now I'm a man".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.