Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Oakland ballpark community support group formed.

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Oakland ballpark community support group formed.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 07:25 pm:

The OAFC is happy and excited to announce that we have been invited, along with other Oakland community representatives, to be part of
the ballpark organizational support group. This group is being formed to mobilize the community, and to raise funds to help the development team through the ballpark proposal process.

We will be using our site as source of information and promotion of this project which we feel is so important in the realization of our common goal which is to keep our team for years to come where it belongs.

Stay tuned for we should have more news within the next two weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:31 pm:

This is an exciting time, indeed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:33 pm:

Sure is. Can't wait to find out more. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:58 pm:

Terrific! Look foward to finding out more. This is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 09:36 am:

Awesome! I am glad there is momentum. As an Oakland A's fan let me say thanks to your efforts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 09:43 am:

In the good times and the lean years, Lil has been the constant voice of the Oakland 's fan speaking loudly and coherently to keep our A's in Oakland. Let's all support her in accomplishing this mission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 09:50 am:

Thanks a good point. I dont live in Oakland but live in Alameda County, what can I do to help (aside from putting up $200 million, sorry I'm a little light)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 10:04 am:

No, not just me. I'm a loud voice and thankfully the internet has given our community here a medium to express all our love and pride for the Oakland A's.

But there are many people behind the scenes, even now, who are devoted and ready to work hard to turn this ballpark in Oakland a reality, even though we love the Coliseum and feel very much at home there.

Many of us don't live in Oakland but feel as if the Coli is our second home and the folks we sit with are our second family...so the time has come to pitch in support for what we think is right and what gives us so much pleasure and escape from our daily grind.

We'll build a new house and we'll be broke... but we'll know our team will not leave and we can tell our grandkids...ahem...we helped and did it for them :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 10:35 am:

Btw, I want to extend recognition to our board:

Jen
Chris
Jerry
Eyleen
Ron

You'll be hearing a lot from them during this process. We'll be very active during this phase, working hard in support of the Oakland community and the task force that has their work cut out for them.
Unfortunately I'll be away for awhile but will remain active on the net and will be back ASAP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By simplefan on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 01:06 pm:

RIGHT ON!

Lil,

What ever I can do, let me know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 01:52 pm:

I think we as a group should get together to discuss what is happening and what can each of us do.

Lil, maybe we can get everyone involved and meet at the Leaning Tower of Pizza around Lake Merrit. I can set it up and get maps to people who need directions. It would also give a chance to those of us who have never met each other in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 02:44 pm:

tekgraf,

That's a great idea and we'll take you up on that suggestion soon after we have the first meeting with the task force. I was told we will be meeting in two or three weeks and we'll know more
what they expect us to do to help.

And what is very important, we have to reach out to other A's fans from all over the Bay Area to get them as involved as we will be...

We don't have a radio station to do what KNBR did when the Giants were mobilizing the community to show their support, so we have to work even harder to involve the many fans out there who may want to show their support but don't know how.

Like I said, I may be out of town but the other board members will be going to the meetings, coordinating things and keeping everybody informed and up to date on what's happening.

We'll show MLB what kind of fans the Oakland A's have and we'll dispell forever the notion that Oakland/East Bay is not a baseball area. And I include here the South Bay and North Bay who are just as good Oakland A's fans. I know many A's fans who live in the South Bay who support keeping the A's in Oakland.
Their support is just as important as the ones who come from the North and from the Valley.

The time has come for us all to get in the mood and ready to REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 12:23 am:

It would be great if we could buy a couple of hours of 610AM's evening airtime to do a year round A's/baseball broadcast. A call in show with different weekly/monthly hosts who would donate their time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 10:06 pm:

Great. Let me know when I should plan this so that I can talk with the manager about setting up an area in the resturant. I will then post a map to the pizza place with address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 03:26 am:

LIL did you delete my entry about KINCAIDS BAR.
Or did I just screw up tying to enter my password.

I am the Bar Manager at kincaids bayhouse in Oakland. The group can meet in my bar which has a great view and great food plus a full bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 08:52 am:

No, I didn't delete your thread. The only thread I deleted was a spam about chinese translation site and I moved the thread with the SJ troll to archive.

Since you announced your move to KINCAIDS we also moved our OAFC official meeting place over from where you were working before...

Hopefully we'll be scheduling a meeting there soon, possibly before I leave on my trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 11:01 am:

Good Luck guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 01:35 am:

Yea looking forward to it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 09:16 am:

I guess the meetings and serious negotiations with the new owner is not going to get under way until Wolff officially takes over...

Once again, Oakland has to hold their breath and wait to see if Bud Selig and his cronies won't try to screw up the situation. Even Wolff has mentioned he hopes MLB doesn't drag on their approval. I'm sure he would like to take over before the season starts, even if he doesn't plan major changes in the organization.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.