Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's fans have been heard!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's fans have been heard!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 09:14 am:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/12258068p-13122142c.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 01:37 pm:

Hey, thanks, Warren. Just read the article and was somewhat taken aback to see my name mentioned as one of those A's fans who sent emails. Yes, Nick and I, indeed, had some communication on the subject. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 11:04 am:

Speaking of losers, I can't believe you let a knucklehead like Nick Peters get a rise out of you.

Don't you realize the Gints are the only team he watches in the major leagues? Whatever annual geriatric flotsam SF signs to occupy space next to Barry, Peters thinks it's a great move. Nobody else in this league or any other can measure up to his beloved Gints. I swear, if Sabean farted in the bay, Peters would say it smelled like roses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 09:51 am:

Well, your comments about Peters may be right; and so he's a Giants' fan? Hey, several of my best friends are Giants' fans. Heck, I even used to be. So what?

All I know is that I took him to task on some of what he said and he had the courtesy to respond, in length. And when I pointed out a comment I had made that he seemed to overlook, he wrote back and apologized.

And another guy who seemed to get dissed a lot is Glenn Dickey. Well, he is another guy who took the time to respond in depth to my emails ... that's more than I can say for "thanks for writing" Ratto.

Another guy we've seemed to find a favorite to bash, is Skip Bayless (tho' now he has gone on to bigger and better things with ESPN). I had commented on a couple articles he wrote in the past and always got an in depth email back from him and nice conversation. I, at least, appreciate those columnists/writers who take the time to graciously respond and converse, rather than those who write their terse canned "thanks for writing" or "reading" response.

When I send an email, I do so because I either take issue with something said and point out why, or I feel they have left out some other pertinent info which should have been included. I appreciate those few who will explain or provide other points and comment further. As for the others ... hey, why bother giving an email addy for them? Just put at the bottom of their article. "Thanks for reading."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 12:18 pm:

You're right. At least he had an informed response. Your letters certainly can't hurt. Perhaps he'll broaden his horizons beyond the confines of SOB Park in future pieces he pens?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.