Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Barton, Robnett amongst ST invitees

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Barton, Robnett amongst ST invitees
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 02:36 pm:

How excited must Daric Barton and Richie Robnett must be over this invite. Also, a few other names, Huston Street, Brad Sullivan, Quintanilla, along with Suzuki who was already announced.

Interesting, I don't see Jairo Garcia's name on there. I will be surprised if he won't also be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 03:17 pm:

I guess, on second thought, Garcia will be an automatic as he is on the 40 man roster and was up for a cup of coffee last season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By doc on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 04:19 pm:

is there a link for the spring training invitees??
I always like to see who got a non-roster invite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 07:00 pm:

Who is Brad Sullivan? Could somebody here provide some background?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 07:35 pm:

Brad Sullivan is a pitcher.

He was considered one of the top pitchers in the 2003 draft, but for whatever reason dropped further than what most scouts projected him to fall. (was projected as being a top 15 or so pick.... we got him at number 25)

He's not yet done much in the minors, but there is speculation that it might be due to overwork or something along those lines.

his numbers up to this point,

http://www.sports-wired.com/players/profile.asp?ID=35603

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 07:35 pm:

oh and before I forget.. he grew up as an A's fan.

Cool little side note about him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 09:25 pm:

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 09:55 pm:

Doc, the link I got was A's mlb site, but I can't find it. Given who provided this info, however, I have faith it is correct. There are 17 invitees, as follows:

RHPs: Evan Fahrner, Britt Reames, Kirk Saarloos, Jimmy Serrano, Huston Street, Brad Sullivan, Billy Slyvester. CATCHERS: Daric Barton, Kurt Suzuki. INFs: 2B Omar Quintanilla, UT Bobby Smith, 3B Brian Snyder. OFs: Hiram Bocachica, Jermaine Clark, Jack Cust, Shawn Garrett, Richie Robnett.

I am hoping they just used the open catcher slot to give Barton an opportunity for a looksee and that they are still planning to switch him to 1B once his season starts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

I think that they just list Barton as a catcher since that's been his regular position. The A's will have five catchers in camp with Kendall, Melhuse, Baker, Brown, and Suzuki.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

Barton might just be there to get some infield tuteldge from wash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:47 pm:

Excellent point, okplayer. I bet you're right in that Wash does some work with him, as time permits. Course, he may have orders to see that time permits.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.