Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Reggie is not happy!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Reggie is not happy!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 06:50 pm:

I saw an something in the ANG papers today about how Reggie got hosed by Schott,Selig and Wolffey

I cannot post from here, can some one post for me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:25 pm:

It was posted early this morning by "simplefan", Bubba.
Link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 02:52 am:

I talked to Mr. De La Fuente today at Kincaids at he said he thought it was just awful what they did to Reggie. In the article Selig calls Wolffey, Lewie no joke "Lewie" what a good ole boys club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 06:38 am:

At first, I was disappointed to hear about Reggie getting thrown out. But I'm not sure he has the temperment to be a good owner. Would he really be able to get along with Billy Beane?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 08:33 am:

Yeh, the whole thing smells ... Selig, Lewie and Schott.

Aside from that, Reggie is likely to be his own worst enemy. On the positive. I still think had Reggie been part of the new ownership group, there is no way Beane would stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 09:54 am:

Hey guys, we have two threads going on the same subject...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 10:16 am:

oh hell, might as well post on both threads...

I feel that regardless of what one may feel about Reggie, the Pope could have tried to buy the A's and Selig would have stepped in and nixed the deal, just like he did to Dolich/Piccinini group.

What is disgusting is the way Selig and his cronies do things...they string people along, let them spend time and money putting groups together, (Dolich was taken for a ride for over a year)...all for nothing, for they only do what the
was planned by their dirty scheme of things.

Now I just read that Schott will remain as minority owner of the team, so they succeeded in 'outing' Hofmann (the only Oakland connection) who had refused to sell only Schott sold too, and now Schott will retain ownership and remain as an ADVISOR to Wolfie.

If this doesn't smell of rotten fish, I don't know what does...

quote from Schott telling Reggie he couldn't accept his bid:

"I have an obligation to live by a contract, and I told him that. He understood that perfectly well."

Oh yes Schott, we all know how you honored the contract you signed when you bought the team with a ten year lease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 12:09 pm:

Well, you can bet as soon as Selig/cronies discovered Reggie was serious, he got on the horn to Schott, giving him a "heads up" and they planned his response to Reggie in advance. let's face it, since Selig put Wolfie (I still say beware of sheeps' clothing) and Schott together, was there any doubt the change in ownership would be rushed through? Hardly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 01:01 pm:

Just another back room deal that MLB is famous
for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 03:06 pm:

Hey, truth is, Selig and cronies have more important matters. Like trying to figure out how to schedule some REGULAR season games in Europe, next year. Boy, and the A's think they have a hellacious schedule this year, while garnering more air miles than any other mlb team will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 08:11 pm:

Hell, Larry Ellison or some billionaire owner could've approached MLB to buy the A's but he wouldn't fit into Selig and the other owners(McGowen and company) plan of trying to move the A's outside of the bay area.

The A's ownership will always be a question mark in terms of keeping them in bay area let alone Oakland because I think the SF owners have a huge pact with the other owners thinking that if SF were the only team here in the bay area, that they would get more money in return which would mean more money for MLB.

I dont' know, MLB is the most corrupt sport in North America and these backroom deals and ideas wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm still pissed over that bs "blue ribbon panel" used as the the death blow to the Piccinni/Dolich/Zimmer group.

If they were the owners, I'd bet by this time, the A's would probably be getting a new park in the next few years instead of starting back to step one with Wolff.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.