Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Couple comments from Jeff Fletcher (PD) yesterday ... one has me concerned

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Couple comments from Jeff Fletcher (PD) yesterday ... one has me concerned
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 10:52 am:

He said that Kendall does not have a good reputation in working with pitchers. That has me concerned. Anybody heard otherwise?

The other one kind of blew me away. One of every four players in mlb changed teams this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 06:17 pm:

With the Pirates pitching "talent," who would know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

All I have heard about Kendall is that he's a total jerk. BUT if he's gonna make us a better team, I'll be okay with that.

:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 10:29 pm:

Speaking of the Pirates, I understand Gammons is at it again (haven't read it yet, though). He is saying that Byrnes will be dealt to the Pirates by the end of the month. Evidently he didn't say who we would get. But that's probably because they don't have anyone worth bothering about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 11:36 pm:

Oddly enough, I just this minute heard Gammons on SportsCenter saying that Byrnes will be in Pitt by the end of the month. He did not say who we would get. He also said the A's will not trade Dotel until at least July, and then only if they are convinced that Street can close in the bigs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 07:11 am:

Could it be an Eric Byrnes for Ben Grieve trade is in the works? How exciting! Now let's here someone complain about Byrnes' defense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 09:39 am:

Well, does it take an expert to recognize that Dotel wouldn't be traded till the deadline (if the A's falter) and when Street is ready? That's already be kicked around by fans for some time now. Gee, maybe Gammons is reading our forums?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 12:17 pm:

Since Keving McClatchy owns the Bucs, is it possible a Eric Byrnes-Nick Peters deal is in the works?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.