Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Fuson

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Fuson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By doc on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:03 pm:

again from the Newberg report
Tom Krasokic of the San Diego Union-Tribune reported on Monday that the Padres have interviewed Grady Fuson for a job as one of general manager Kevin Towers's top advisors. I joked a couple months ago that I was hoping Baltimore would end up with Fuson, if for no other reason than it would be nice for him to build up the Orioles' farm system over the next few years so that if Scott Boras refuses to negotiate with Texas as Mark Teixeira nears free agency, the Rangers would at least have something worthwhile to acquire from Baltimore, who will surely be at the front of the line asking targeting Teixeira. But I've heard Teixeira enough over the past few months to feel comfortable that he's calling the shots as far as his baseball future goes, not Boras. If Teixeira wants to remain a Ranger, he'll remain a Ranger.

As for Fuson, I'm happy for him if he accepts the Padre job. He could have sat the 2005 season out, waiting for just the right job since Tom Hicks is honoring his contract for the year, which tells me that if Fuson takes a position with San Diego that it was just the right gig.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.