Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

We made it!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: We made it!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 06:29 pm:

Yes, we made it through the dark days of January and February. Now it only gets better. Pitchers and catchers reporting, position players reporting, spring training and then after six months of waiting, A's baseball!

I realized over the past months that the off season sucks. I have to say that while I very much enjoy the time spent with family and friends, it is better spending time with them while watching or talking about baseball.

This message board really provides a great diversion during the off season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 10:22 am:

Baseball...actually...A's Baseball is my life!!! That sounds sad I know but I have come to that conclusion...and am OK with it. I have a gorgeous wife and am successful at my job...but there is nothing I look forward to more than watching the A's and keeping up with them. I thought thisoff-season was very exciting...I wanted one more big move...but overall it was great for the franchise. IN BEANE WE TRUST!!! I am stationed at Fort Campbell, KY with the 101st Airborne Division and hate being far away from home...I went to opening day last year (Byrnes wins the game) when I visited home after returning from Iraq...and I saw the A's in St. Louis...this year I am making my way to ATL to check out the A's and Braves...hopefully see Huddy get beat in a 2-1 game :) Thank GOD for the internet. I get to watch all the games or listen to them on MLB radio. Hopefully I'll be able to watch them in Iraq when we go back in the fall. GO A's!!!! Keep Byrnes...Kielty, Thomas, Melhuse, Scutaro, and maybe Johnson...give us an awesome,deep bench.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.