Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Baseball Prospectus projects A's to win 94 games

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Baseball Prospectus projects A's to win 94 games
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 03:22 pm:

Since this is a week old, I apologize if it's already been posted. Anyway, interesting.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3745

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 04:06 pm:

THATS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! THOSE GUYS NAILED IT!!!
I'm PUMPED!!! JUICED IF YOU WILL :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 05:22 pm:

I would take that...but will it be enough?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 06:16 pm:

I'm PUMPED!!! JUICED IF YOU WILL

Let's leave it at "pumped."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 06:20 pm:

94 wins could definently be enough to win the division. Angles won 92 last year and appear no better this season on paper. Even if 94 wins wasn't enough I'm sure pretty much everyone would be thrilled with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 09:26 pm:

I agree, 94 wins should be enough to win, but would surely be enough to make me more than proud. Who knows, could be enough to win the WC. In any event, it seems predictions this year for the A's, especially, are all over the place. But the folks at BP are hardly slouches with their stats, etc. Regardless, I still think it is going to be one fun season to follow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cvkevin on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 05:27 am:

94 should be enough to win the division, hopefully. I think winning the WC is out of the question in the AL West. The West is the smallest and most competitive division in baseball. The A's have to deal with the Mariners, Rangers, and Angels for 20 games each, while Boston and the Skanks have fluffers like the Rays and Jays. It seems to me that the internal competition within the division will make it impossible for the WC to come out of the AL West this year, but maybe I'm wrong? Well, doesn't matter, I have faith the A's will take the West in 05!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kotsay32 on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:24 am:

if we do geet to the playoffs, we would be pretty well off though with zito, harden, and haren or meyer in the 3 spot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By scottfromoz on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 06:38 pm:

But if Zito wins 11 or 12 games and Harden wins about 14, where will the rest come from? I would not think the rest of the rotation would get double digit wins. I hope I'm wrong but a couple of early season shellings and the young pitchers could lose confidence quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 10:26 pm:

"a couple of early season shellings and the young pitchers could lose confidence quickly."

Well, this season will tell us whether or not Macha is any kind of a manager. He is going to have to know just how long his young starters should go and what point (if any are succeeding) to let them go further and get out of their own jams. I've said before and I'll say again. Not only does this season rest on the success of our starters and relievers, it is imperative that Macha and Young determine quickly just how to use them all, period. That is going to be a huuuge part of this season's success ... or failure.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.