Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

huddy close to signing?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: huddy close to signing?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 07:33 pm:

from rotoworld:
Tim Hudson - S - Braves

The Braves are close to signing Tim Hudson to a three-year deal with two option years, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
They would be vesting options that would become guaranteed if Hudson reaches certain innings totals. The contract is believed to be worth more than $11 million per year. Feb. 25 - 6:31 pm et
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

If he signs for close to 11mil, that's most likely a "hometown" discount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 10:30 pm:

Timmy should be worth more than that in the current climate...

Did anyone read the SO interview with Huddy? Or did anyone see the Mulder interview with ESPN where he predicts that the A's might win 90 games, and asserts that he never suspects that Giambi was on the juice? Any comments?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 03:33 pm:

yeah oakchick I saw the mulder interview. What did you think of it? I thought he'd gone hollywood a bit...but I tend to be cynical. 90 wins does sound like a good projection, however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 03:55 pm:

When they asked him who he would pick to win a one-game, winner-take-all series, he picked himself. When they asked him who would start game 2 in a 3 game series, he picked Huddy. When they asked him who would start game 3 in a 5 game series, the perfect answer would have been Zito...but he went with Schilling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 09:01 pm:

Nice article by Rick Hurd in the CC Times this morning. Registration required.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/10998863.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 12:35 am:

It's good to see that Timmy is consistent - he set the same contract extension deadline for the Braves as he did for the A's. From espn.com:

The Atlanta Braves closed in on a contract extension with pitcher Tim Hudson, who has one year left on his current deal and doesn't want to talk money during the season. Hudson, acquired from Oakland in December, set a Tuesday deadline for extending his contract. Otherwise, he could become a free agent after the season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 09:49 am:

he HAS done it 3 yrs 11 mill each with option,

man this is a realistic contract one we could and should have given him, only 3 yrs is not a huge gamble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 10:07 am:

Glad Braves hooked him up; beats him going to the Yankees or Sox or any other team in the AL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 12:41 pm:

4 years 47 million. 10 million signing bonus.

He'll get salaries of 4 million in 2006, 6 million 2007, 13 million in 2008 and 2009. In 2010 there's a mutual option for 12 million and a 1 million buyout. Could be worth 58 million when said and done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 02:53 pm:

I agree with SactoD we could have got him for this flipped Mulder & still signed Byrnes & Dotel. Huddy is just a flat out gamer and potential HOFer....sigh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 06:07 pm:

as much as i wish we could have done this, and as much as i am gonna miss huddy, i am happy for him - finally he gets his big pay day which he deserves, and maybe some national recognition besides all the "big three" stuff. i am always going to root for the guy (unless he's facing us!)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.