Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Bradford to Have Back Surgery

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Bradford to Have Back Surgery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bruin1946 on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 01:44 pm:

The AP is reporting Chad Bradford will return to Mississippi to have back surgery. He is expected to be out until late June.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 01:55 pm:

now we know why BB is looking for MORE bullpen help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dansward on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 03:26 pm:

Dotel
Cruz
Calero
Rincon
Duchscherer
Johnson
Street
Mabeus
Harrikkala
Yabu

I think they're still pretty stacked in the pen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By doc on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 04:19 pm:

of those 10, Do you keep the first 6 and send down the last 4 ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dansward on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 04:40 pm:

You keep Dotel, Cruz, Calero, Rincon, and Duchscherer. Johnson probably gets Bradford's spot unless he sticks it up, so they have two lefties. It looks like they'll open with 7 in the pen, I'd expect Yabu to make it unless he's in the rotation. If so, then I think the other three battle it out (with maybe Etherton, but I think they'll put him at Sacto to start, along with Saaloos).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 05:00 pm:

Not mabeus or harrikkala. they don't crack the bigs. johnson is likely as a second lefty is needed out of the pen--wins by default. I think this paves the way for street which is fantastic. I'm looking forward to the bulle and am worried about the 4 and 5 spots in the rotation. Other than that, I think we'll be a good squad and in the hunt. But the starting pitching is a big "if," naturally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 05:21 pm:

Well, well, well. I said this offseason Bradford should released or dealt. Too bad they didn't send him to the Mets when they were interested; but, of course, they were hoping to pick him up via free agency; instead, Beane signed him ... which really did surprise me. Looks like they went to the well once too often on this one.

I'm hoping Johnson makes it, along with Street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 05:32 pm:

dj, exactly. why did they keep chad brad. he just brings back flashbacks of the 2004 bulle. no skils. the bulle's off to a fresh start, don't keep stragglers. how much are they paying chad brad? if it's peanuts, then this is a non-issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 05:45 pm:

The one positive about Bradford, is that he's so different from the flamethrowers we have added to our pen.

It's nice to be able to give opposing hitters such a dramtically different look.

That being said, if he's going to be hurt all the time that one positive is negated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 10:58 pm:

I believe Bradford got over a million for one year. Not sure ... can't find a (current) salary site. He made $965k, last season.

Yes, it nice to give hitters a "dramatically different look". Problem is, the opposition will pinch hit with a lefty against him whenever possible ... Bradford sucks against lefties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 08:02 pm:

Harrikkala has looked good so far, I think he has a shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 11:17 pm:

n/m

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.