Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Stop the presses! - Pierzynski still a classless act

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Stop the presses! - Pierzynski still a classless act
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 09:06 pm:

I'm sure Giants fans knew this fromn last year as well, but this guy is just a total asshole. Offering your teammates $100 to homer off a pitcher you used to catch and play with? That is bush league. Man, I don't like to condone violence, but I really hope this guy gets what's coming to him (hey Rich Harden how about that 100mph heat a bit too close inside???)

Check this out:

(AP)

The San Francisco Giants threw out four runners at the plate in a 6-5 win over the Chicago White Sox on Monday.

Joe Borchard, trying to make the team as a reserve outfielder, homered in the second and sixth innings for the White Sox.

After the game, Borchard found a $100 bill awaiting him at his locker, not knowing who it was from.

He later learned A. J. Pierzynski had offered $100 to any of his new White Sox teammates that hit a home run off Brett Tomko.

Tomko, along with several other San Francisco players, labeled Pierzynski a clubhouse "cancer" last season, after the catcher joined the Giants as a free agent.

"I enjoyed my time as a Giant, but I'm not going to lie. I'm happy I'm not back there," said Pierzynski, who did not play Monday.

"I met some great people and I still have some friends I talk to over there. But some people over there know what they are.

"I've moved on. I wish them the best of luck and hopefully we can play them in the World Series and beat them."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 09:16 pm:

I seriously doubt he has ANY friends on the Giants or Twins ... unless they are as classless as he. Somebody forgot a few screws when they put him together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 10:34 pm:

More on Pierszynski.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/03/08/GIANTS.TMP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 11:08 pm:

Rome loves AJ.
Go figure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 11:18 am:

AJ just loves microphone and TV camera. If any players of any team rams into him, I will get a little chuckle out of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rono on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 02:22 pm:

He should have given Borchard two hundred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 02:29 pm:

LOL--he's a cheap cancer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By simplefan on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 04:44 pm:

Uh.. AJ is waisted brain matter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 06:27 pm:

sshole erk Pierzynski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 02:17 pm:

Jerry, I keep forgetting to ask this question. Was it you I heard yelling "you suck" at AJ while you were at ST? I distinctly heard those words on one of the broadcasts. If it was you, way to go! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 04:55 pm:

I can remember the last playoff game vs the twins in Oakland. This jerk of a fan sitting in front of kept tell AJ how much he sucked...The BOOM ...The homer that killed us....He may be an ass but he got us good that day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 06:28 pm:

" Jerry, I keep forgetting to ask this question. Was it you I heard yelling "you suck" at AJ while you were at ST? I distinctly heard those words on one of the broadcasts. If it was you, way to go! :)"

Sorry to disappoint you Eyleen, but alas it was not me. C'mon, you know me better than that. Hopefully my verbal attacks are slightly more cerebral than "you suck". :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 08:45 pm:

LOL, pardon me!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.