Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

ELLIS

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: ELLIS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 04:18 pm:

I was in Iraq in 2003 and didnt get to see any games that season, therefore I've never seen Ellis on the field. Ellis' stats arn't impressive...yet everyone is pulling for him to start. I find myself rooting for Ginter. What am I missing about this Ellis??? It seems obvious to me...put the power stick in the line up. Someone help me out and try to convince me otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 04:21 pm:

LOL "...this Ellis" see what happens when I dont proof read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 04:30 pm:

Ellis is the definiton of stud from a defensive standpoint.

He has also been pounding the hell out of the ball This Spring.

I think both guys will get (and deserve to get) more than ample playing time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 04:50 pm:

We all pull for Ellis because he is one of only 36 major leaguers ever from South Dakota, and we'd feel sorry for him if he ever had to go back.

It's the same reason why we're so fond of Justin Dukesherrerrrr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 05:30 pm:

..and according to the Diamond Vision stats they show during the game he is 4th in career homeruns by players born in South Dakota. Or maybe it's 2nd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 06:09 pm:

I feel sorry for Ellis. He had just gotten married and was all set for a career year and then the Human Wrecking Ball took him out. A classic hard luck story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 10:19 pm:

Ellis was a highlight reel unto himself in '03. Helluva glove. Great instincts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 12:41 am:

Cal 90,

I am sure you meant Rookie Of The Year and future All-Star.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 12:44 am:

Ellis IS the man defensively at 2nd - if he could ever get his hitting going, he could be one hell of a player. I would love to have Ellis playing most games at 2b (if he's hitting) and have Ginter play the rest and be the super sub - IF and OF and PH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 08:23 am:

Washfan--yeah, I hear he also goes by those titles, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 10:04 am:

Wasn't 03 the year Menechino sucked it up, then they gave German a chance -- which he sufficiently blew -- and finally Ellis arrived on the scene like a stud with that glove?

He stepped up and took that low-hanging fruit. Nobody else would. Kinda like Scutaro last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 10:55 am:

Ellis had a decent bat in 02' for a 2nd baseman for the 3/4 of a year he was in the bigs. 03' was the season his bat was sub-par.

Here is some food for thought how nice would it have been for us to have retained Miggy and convert Crosby to 2nd with Ellis as the back-up infielder???....well anyway off to my crack pipe dreams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:45 pm:

washfan, i always thought stategically they should have signed miggy for what they signed chavvy. then, have the trio (Chavvy, Miggy, and Crosby) have a final fling in 2004. Then, in 2005 you let Chavvy walk. If crosby can play short, he can play third (maybe), definately second.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.