Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Minor League Projections

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Minor League Projections
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 01:17 pm:

Just wanted to get an idea of where you think the following player will be to start the season and their roles:

Barton, Garcia, Street, Suzuki, Meyer, Windsor, Powell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 03:44 pm:

OK, I'll take a crack at it. First of all, Suzuki was already destined to start at Kane County; Powell at Stockton. I have a feeling he )will be at Stockton in short order. He could start there if Powell's injury slows him down.

Garcia: Sacto; Windsor was also supposed to start at Kane County ... but I'm betting he will not only be a AA by midseason, but quite possibly Sacto before season's end. Barton: Midland. Meyer: Sacto ... probably; Street: With the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 04:53 pm:

I like Meyer's potential A TON!!! ... but I agree with deajay... he should start at SACTO so he can develop more confidence. He'll be ready for call up if someone in the rotation goes down. Deajay...did you mean Meyers will be in SACTO because the A's dont need a fifth for awhile? ...or do you think someone else will be the owner of that 5th spot?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 08:07 am:

Oaktowngreen, on Meyers. It's really hard to say at this point; with two weeks left (and the add'l wks the 5th starter will get in Sacto) he could come on strong. If he does, I would think the A's would like that 2nd lefty starter. But right now, I think Etherton looks to be the top candidate for the 5th starter spot and that has a lot to do with my thinking that Meyer will start in Sacto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 10:12 am:

It makes sense to get Meyer into a regular routine, rather then sitting when he's not needed and then do some mop up work. Etherton is more suited for the spot at this time...as is Yabu, vets who have been there done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 02:01 pm:

Yeh, agree raiderjohn. But I think ... especially from what Beane has said ... they would prefer to have Yabu as long reliever (to go along with Duke) and spot starter. Just my opinion, but I suspect if it's not Meyer it will likely be Etherton. At least at the season's start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kkdaz on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 04:03 pm:

Etherton pitched well again today against San Diego.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 09:45 pm:

By the way, I heard today what had been previously rumored ... Landon Powell is out for the entire season. Thus, it seems no question Suzuki will be heading for Stockton in lieu of Kane County. Who knows, considering the way he has played this Spring, he may be moving up to even another level very soon.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.