Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Dan Johnson

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Dan Johnson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 06:30 am:

I would like to hear everyones opinion on Johnson's situation. Will he be at first base next year. We cant let the guys talent go to waste...he's getting old and deserves a chance at the big leagues...but I'd hate to trade him. Is he our future first baseman while Durazo re-signs as our DH?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 08:26 am:

The first question is whether Johnson will be dealt. If he is not, I expect he will replace Durazo; I do not think there's any chance the A's will re-sign Durazo (the old money issue, of course); therefore, I believe Johnson will either be at 1b or DH. Besides, money (which under new ownership may not be QUITE as tight), they also have Barton and Powell (who I think is more apt to become a 1b/dh than catch)on the horizon, in addition to Johnson.

Beane loves Hatteberg. He could re-sign him for next season while letting him know he will not be guaranteed a starting job in order to make room for youngsters that are ready; Johnson appears to be one.

The latest rumor is possibly Johnson to Tampa Bay. But that appears to be speculation by TB writers more than anything. I hope the A's hold onto him. There's never any guarantee that Hatteberg or Durazo will not have injury problems, etc. I still think there is a good possibility Johnson could be up by midseason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 01:06 pm:

I say let Hatte work out his remaining contract as the hitting coach, as if.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.