Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

"Street has look of Eck ..."

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: "Street has look of Eck ..."
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:22 am:

From Susan Slusser:

Street is a virtual lock to make the big-league club out of camp.

"Starting April 4, Street will be the best reliever on the staff," one American League Scout said. "He'll be the closer by May."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/03/20/SPGVHBSB3O1.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 02:48 am:

"Starting April 4, Street will be the best reliever on the staff," one American League Scout said. "He'll be the closer by May."

Which means Dotel will have to screw up a few times.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen, even though I'd rather see Street closing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:42 am:

Personally, I think Dotel is going to have an excellent season. It's also nice to have an emotional and energetic player to replace some of what was lost when Miggy left. Dotel is very popular with his teammates and Macha has had high praise for him, as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:29 am:

I heard dotel's having issues with his velocity and got rocked in ST. He did throw a lot of innings last year. Was he overworked? I think the A's might be wise to trade dotel while his value's high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:42 pm:

I have very little faith in Dotel. A trade now might be a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:46 pm:

According to Dotel, he always has a lousy ST and his velocity during Spring is usually no higher than 89-90mph. This Spring it's been a little higher. Think I'd wait till the gun sounds to make a judgment. If what he says is true, he's likely to be better than last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:27 pm:

dj, i hope you're right and if you are. then rock on bulle. if dotel's just going at 80% or so--by design--no worries. I'd love to bring street along slowly. I don't think bb will mess with the bulle b/c having a strong, deep bulle is insurance if the young arms don't pan out.

btw, BB's overhaul of the bulle (in just one offseason) was masterful. It's really mind-boggling when you think about it. we went from having a bunch of old, soft-tossers to having a bunch of young heaters. nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 05:05 pm:

Well, Harden got lit up again today, gave up like 7 runs in the first 2 innings, but A's win 15-9 (I think). Chas. Thomas with a HR and I think Jermaine Clark had like 2-3 hits; I know Johnson had at least one hit. I think Cruz and Duke pitched well. Sorry for uncertainties, but just bits and pieces here and there. Best I could do. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 05:34 pm:

yeah harden got rocked...his lack of a track record does make me nervous. I think he'll be all right, however. We can't afford him to flop this year. I think Haren will be the man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 07:35 pm:

Remember, it's only SPRING TRAINING. Harden and Haren will do fine along with old man Zito, which will be only Barry starting on Opening Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 08:10 pm:

I cannot believe that Harden got the W - this is, indeed Spring Training.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 09:02 pm:

I'd trade Dotel midseason to the Cubs or any playoff contending team looking for a closer for one of their top position prospect. Especially if Street is very impressive the first half of the season.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.