Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

I know, I know--it's only spring training

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: I know, I know--it's only spring training
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 02:13 pm:

but the A's just lit up Jason Schmidt for 10 runs and that makes me very happy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 02:26 pm:

including a Bobby Kielty left-handed home run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

I really am glad to see Kielty doing well in the last two games even though I fear it means that we will lose my favorite position player.

However, if Dotel keeps going the way he is, we're going to need a strong offense to build leads too large for Dotel to blow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 07:21 pm:

I read in Yahoo!, Macha took the team, after the game, to Dairy Queen for cones. Also, Thomas having little injury that really helps Kielty, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:14 pm:

Yeh, the ice cream cost him $50. Swisher said he got a $7 Blizzard. Macha said the guys with the Blizzards were a "pain in the (butt)." Macha also said he plans to take Swisher on every road trip (B games, I guess) with him because he has to keep an eye on him. Wow! Macha does have a sense of humor in there, after all. Evidently, the bus driver didn't believe Macha (at first) when he told him to pull over for the ice cream.

And don't you know the customers at Dairy Queen had their day made when all the A's players (still in uniform) made their way into the establishment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:19 pm:

No, if Dotel keeps going the way he is, what that AL scout said about Street being the closer by May will become reality. But I wouldn't worry about Dotel, he says he is actually a little further along this Spring than his other Springs. Also see where he is a very popular teammate. Kendall says he is quite the character off the field. Macha says he has been very helpful in interpreting with the younger latin players and that he likes him very much as a pitcher and personally. Also, Street has high praise for him and the help/pointers Dotel has been giving him. I hope he has a great season. He brings some of the energy/personality to this club, lost when Miggy left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 02:53 pm:

Oops! Yesterday was our day; today it's their turn. Good thing it's only spring training.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 02:58 pm:

Looks like Yabu may have pitched himself out of the running for #5 starter. Anyone hear how Etherton did in the "B" game?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 03:39 pm:

Etherton pitched in the game that is still going. I know that he gave up a bomb to Grissom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 03:40 pm:

OH -- I thought I heard on the regular broadcast that the B game started at 9:30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 04:06 pm:

They switched Etherton and Saarloos; Saarloos started the B game. Don't know how he did; but his ERA is way above Etherton's, so I think it is going to boil down to being btw. Etherton and Meyer, with Etherton probably getting the spot ... at least to start the season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 04:25 pm:

So does that leave Yabu in the bullpen, or is there any chance they would send him to AAA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 06:59 pm:

I think Meyer and Yabu need a bit more work - I do not mind seeing them in AAA, although I think Yabu is going to make the team. I do think that they can definitely help us along the way, but I am not keen on the idea of plunging them into the deep end. I am definitely rooting for Yabu, but I think he needs to get a bit more comfortable before he can truly contribute to the team.

Love the story about the ice-creams BTW- I did not realize that the blizzards are SOOOO expensive. $7.00 on ice-cream? How much do the banana splits cost? I checked them out on the website and they look nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:01 pm:

Well, Swisher's blizzard was $7, so I suspect he piled it on. Said he had chocolate chip and creme and cookies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:34 pm:

I wasn't following today's game very carefully, but it sure sounded like Yabu was all over the place.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.