Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Spring Training Stats

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Spring Training Stats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 08:26 am:

While the numbers are green, Kendall, Chavey and Johnson lead the pack, based on 25 or more at bats. Garrett, Ginter, Crosby and Thomas are struggling.

Danny Haren's pitching stats look great, while Meyer has been hit hard.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/stats/OAK/preseason/HIT-BASIC/yearly?&_1:col_1=13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:41 am:

Crosby's hitting .229. He's never going to win Rookie of the Year hitting that way.

...oh wait, he already did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 05:08 pm:

Okay moving right along and perpetualy pimping my man Byrnes....He seems to be the team leader.

There are 10 players with 30 or more plate appearances (Hatte & Chavy have 29) of that 10 Byrnes has 37 ABs. Sticking with those 10 Byrnes has the best SLG% .649, most HRs 4, most RBIs 11, tied for runs 8. Even if you lowered the criteria to 25 ABs Byrnes would still be a top leader. BPF, did you casually omit Byrnsie? Asch, RFF care to back me up here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 08:25 pm:

It was not my intent to slight Byrnesy at all. The three players I named, Kendall, Chavey and Johnson, have OBP of .500, .514, and .485 respectively. Eric is much further down the list at .333. With 25 ABs, Hiram "Byrnesy Jr." Bocachica has an OBP of .452, which should make Oakachica happy.

Remember thy Moneyball measuring stick, the old OBP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 08:42 pm:

So...now I am Oakachica. Well, you can never be too rich, too thin or have too many vowels on your screen name, as they say.

I am a big Byrnes rooter, but I am slightly concerned that he is carrying his struggles from Winterball over to ST. That being said although the .333 OPB does concern me, but the .649 SLG certainly towers over Bocachica.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 09:11 pm:

Given the A's overall lack of power, it would be great to see Byrnesy develop into a bona fide power hitter. He certainly has the potential.

By the way, I see where Bob Nightengale mentioned that Byrnesy is still likely to be traded by opening day. Given Nightengale's track record, I feel certain that Byrnsey will be with the A's all season!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:37 pm:

Oakachicka -- I love it!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By doc on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 08:38 pm:

watching mlb.com and just saw Juan Cruz

the announcers were saying "oh my goodness"
I understand the Hudson trade now.....

This guy is super.....
Zito walked 5 probably working on new pitches ??

otherwise I'm waiting to see Street and Suzuki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 08:46 pm:

I believe Barry threw 84 pitches over 3 innings. Same 'ol, same 'ol ... walks and errors. Hey, it's still only Spring Training. :(

I was watching the Backs/Texas for a few innings. Like somebody said, that is a very nice looking facility in Surprise.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.