Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Nice and entertaining interview of Josh Suchon by Athletics Nation

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Nice and entertaining interview of Josh Suchon by Athletics Nation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 11:39 am:

Suchon: "I do know the A's will be entertaining on and off the field. I'm excited because there's so many characters and great quotes in the clubhouse. Nick Swisher and Eric Byrnes are a constant source of entertainment. This is my sixth year covering baseball and this is easily the best clubhouse, in terms of good guys, that I've ever been around."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 12:40 pm:

Does this mean his love affair with Barroids is over? I thought he might be working on his sequel book, "This Disgraceful Season" (Note: His previous book, "This Gracious Season," covered Barroids home run record setting year).

No slam at Josh intended. He is a very personable and hard working young journalist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 03:21 pm:

He also grew up in the East Bay and as a youngster attended about 40 A's games a season. I don't think these writers have much say in which team they will cover ... certainly not until they get some seniority.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 08:31 pm:

Good point, deajay. I also heard him talk about the difficulties in dealing with Barry in writing the book. He deserves a medal of honor for the crap he had to deal with. No other beat writer for the Giants that year would even have taken on the project.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.