Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Life is lovely for A's fans

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Life is lovely for A's fans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:03 pm:

From my fantasy website (sorry, can't post the link...you won't be able to access it anyway). I predict bonds retires and never breaks Aaron's record. I predicted this last week. Bonds has nothing to gain as a ballplayer other than a WS title and we all know BB wasn't much about the team anyway. Enjoy your scrilla and skeezers mr. bonds.

Bonds might miss 2005

Barry Bonds, LF SF

News: On Tuesday, Barry Bonds said he might miss all of 2005 after having his latest knee surgery. "I have a lot of work to do to try to get back, maybe next season, maybe by midseason," he said Tuesday.

Analysis: This is obviously a huge blow to all Fantasy players that drafted him earlier this spring. Pedro Feliz is expected to be the primary beneficiary of Bonds' absence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:23 pm:

Interesting.
The question is will the fans still show up at SBC this year? I know they've already presold a lot of tickets. This really hurts the team's chances and no home run chase hoopla to create the frenzy.

I'm also wondering if anyone here is suspicious about this. Maybe this is Barry's way of ducking out of the whole thing before the roids scandal gets ugly. How embarrassing would it be for him if he broke the record on the road to a chorus of boos? He may rather just retire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:56 pm:

Yes, they interrupted the espn game about an hour ago for the report. And there was Barrods sitting in the dugout talking to reporters saying "how tired" he is And of course he got his digs in at the reporters about some of this being their fault. It was essentially a "poor me", "feel sorry" for me, speech. He said he won't likely be back till midseason and maybe not at all this year. Frankly, I wouldn't take any bets on it. Gary Thorne did point out he had his 2nd surgery on the day of the steroid hearings. So, Barry ain't fooling everybody. Thorne also suggested he should consider retiring. Then of course, idiot Brantley chimed in, disagreeing. And Thorne did an overview of his possible problems with IRS and his grand jury testimony, alluding to his girlfriend's (former girlfriend) recent testimony. Frankly, I find the whole thing suspicious, but then Barry is a suspicious character. Although he is a lot more polished at lying than Scott Peterson is. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:23 pm:

kevink, I'm so suspicious of this it's ridiculous.

dj, you know brantly will disagree. I don't respect the opinion of any ballplayer on the roids issue b/c the feed us the company line. the fact that brantly's a former gnat comes as no surprise to me either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:32 pm:

Conspiracy or not the best thing for baseball is for Bonds to go away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:35 pm:

And one more thing...have fun in the cellar Giants! Let's see those "loyal" fans pack the place in September when they are 20 games out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:49 pm:

Barry's mistress interview:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,147456,00.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 03:01 pm:

I ran into some "Loyal" Giants Season Ticket fans (only ST holders since PacBell/SBC opened by the way) say they were bummed that Bonds was going to be out for the home opener and said they probably would not go. Opening night? ...and they aren't going because Bonds won't be playing?. Wow, that's supporting your team.

The Giants may not have a huge drop in ticket sales this year since most have been sold but renewals for next year will probably drop....it will be interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 03:23 pm:

I've been listening to knbr man alive are gnats fans in denial. I'll be the first to admit that big mac, joser, and giambi are roid-head cheaters. yet gnats fans can't. clowns. they get what they deserve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 03:45 pm:

we have no reason to put down giants fans for bonds when the Oakland A's legacy and the great yrs of the 88-92 run incl 2 of the biggest cheaters in MLB hisotry.

all thier accomplishments are fake and our titles mean little now.

we are in no position to make fun of giant fans, if big mac or Canseco were still playing for us we would be in denial tooo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 03:49 pm:

no sacto. i think certain players on the current a's squad are on the juice too. gnats fans are notoriously dellusional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakfan on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 04:18 pm:

Sacto,

The A's did not win all those games and the 89 trophy just because of Jose and Mark. They had a complete strong team.

And Mark hit 49 dingers in his rookie year long before he was juicing. Bonds did not hit that many until after he started juicing.

You are comparing the accomplishments of a player (Bonds) to that of an entire team (88-90 A's). They are not the same. And if you bother to look at the stats for these two in 89 you would see that neither of them had their best year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 04:34 pm:

ironically, the year the a's won the WS, jose only played 1/2 a season. not sure if big mac was on the juice then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 04:34 pm:

sacto you freakin moron - if you think the hard nosed guyes who really won those titles for us - and i am talking about carney lansford, terry steinbach, rickey henderson, dave henderson, dave parker (ok, he ate too much!), walt weiss, rick honeycutt, THE ECK, mike moore, dave stewart, bob welch, ron hassey, mike gallego, tony philips etc etc were all roiding you are on some serious crack!!!! those are the guys that won it for us - in fact joser and big mac hardly did anything in the playoffs and world series - geez - stew, moore and rickey pretty much won it all for us in 89.

rickey is one of the last of his kind - the guy built himself, and played harder than anyone i have ever seen play this game (even byrnesey) that guy is am yall time oakland a.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 04:50 pm:

I was going to go off on sacto but I see that has been taken care of!
One more thing I'd like to add is do you really think that ONLY A's players were taking roids in 88-90? Come on, there were roiders on other teams back then too, it's ridiculous to say the titles don't count. If we're going to say that then we have to say nothing counts from 1987-now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 04:54 pm:

exactly kevink, i was going to throttle Sactodavey, but then again, I knew someone else would save me the effort. props rff.

i'm not sure what sacto's motives are. to keep us awake I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 08:01 pm:

you guys are so stupid and dense and blind morons
esp ray fff -o, the 2 big guys were 70% of our offense and without Canseco we do nothin in 88 no matter how dumb deff and blind you guys are our legacy is now of 2 guys who took roids period, we cheated to get to that level, big mac changed around 88- 89 he got way bigger thnx to the juice you fregen stupids, this is what this is all about without those 2 cheaters we are nothin in 88-92 .

Jose basically took our legacy and killed those yrs by exposing 2 of the A's 4 superstars and what was behind those big HR's and wins, yes we had some other good players but they were the great ones that carried us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 08:32 pm:

I saw Bonds "This is what you all wanted, so I hope you're happy" Bonds. Pathetic, and I heard the fans parroting everything he said on KNBR. IT'S THE MEDIA! IT'S THE MEDIA'S FAULT! Hard to imagine people actually believing this garbage, isn't it? I'm watching to see which columnists are going to also blame everyone except the juicer himself...Please retire Barry, so your gullible fans can pity you, build the statue, and make you a Graceland, like Elvis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 09:00 pm:

I was listening to KNBR too today and was listening to Santangelo just kick ass so badly. I mean, I know he wants a job with either SF or KNBR or but he looks so pathetic on how biased he was regarding this issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 09:54 pm:

sacto, where are you coming from? Do you REALLY think that A's fans had anywhere near the idea/knowledge that Canseco (he was the only one openly suspected at the time) or others, for that matter were really on roids? It was something we were just beginning to hear about and really had little or no (more appropriately) knowledge as to what roids were and what they did compared to today. It seems rather apparent now to all of us that not only Canseco but McGwire juiced and most have responded negatively. Now, compare that to today and all the info fans have had over the past 4 years (and it continues to increase) about steroids and the oh so obvious fact that Barroids has been juicing for at least 4 years, while cheating his way in passing Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, soon, Babe and possibly Aaron. And that pisses me royally, because without the juice and his cheating he wouldn't be ... heck, he probably wouldn't even be still playing. Giants' fans aren't dumb, they deliberately choose to remain ignorant and root for a cheater. IMO REAL baseball fans DON'T root for cheaters, whether on your team or another. Those Giant fans who choose to continue to bury their heads in McCovey Cove waiting for another juiced ball (but it isn't the ball that's juiced!) are choosing to be inexcusably ignorant and give their full support to cheating. And, yes, I have a very low opinion of any such baseball fan(s).

Maybe if the Giants had won a title since moving to SF, their ignorance might not have been as great. But let's face it, Barroids is all (the modern and considerably younger) Giants' fans have had. Many of these ignorant fans don't even know about the many nuances of this game ... the only thing that excites them is the HR ... whether achieved honestly or not. Sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:20 pm:

Sacto you've really lost it here!
Canseco and McGwire didn't invent steroids!
I know you may not have thought of this but other players used steroids back then too! Since we can't count them either we need to ignore every win and every stat since 1988!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:25 pm:

I love it!

"This is what you all wanted, so I hope you're happy"

Actually Barry, yes I think you just summed it up very well. Many are indeed happy that you and your growth hormone head will not be threatening Hank Aaron and his organically brilliant milestone (which was simply one part of an amazing career), this year anyway.

If there is anything else the media can do to discourage you from cheating..errrr playing baseball again, please let them know what effects you. Oh, wait, you just did..

As for 88, 89 & 90...I think Eck, Stew, Welch, Weiss etc.. played to deserve the AL Champ rings & 1 series ring. The game takes pitching I hear (might need defense...but just a rumor). Hendu, Ricky, Lansford etc.. played tough ball for a couple years there. Someone on this forum gets a quarter everytime the name "Blankenship" is mentioned so lets add him too.

If I give up the production from Mac & Jose, can I add production for all the time they missed with assorted physical problems caused by being muscle bound? We can have 91 & 92 then...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:45 pm:

listen i never said we did not have other great players like rickey stew eck but we got there becuase we had 2 of the top 4 hitters in baseballl and the 3-4 punch was awsome, hey i don't like it but these guys cheated period, if an olympic athlete is caught cheating his medals are removed and his legacy ruined now this does nor will it happen in baseball but people will think back now of that period as a team that had two of the biggest juiced guys ever in basball so our legacy is hurt ruined ect... it is just the way it has fallen.

it is too bad Canseco did not consider that he would be tainting the A's or himself so much when he opened the vault on what has happend but he has ,too bad .

if we all or anyone around the country see's highlights of the 88-92 A's what will come to thier minds now??? STERIODS this is what i am talkin about this is what this exposure has produced ruining the A's legacy for that time period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:00 am:

The local news in San Diego had a cartoon counter showing each time Bonds used the word "tired" in his speech to the press...I think he exceeded 15 times.

Barry also had to talk about how the press is making his kid cry. I think it is darned insensitive for those "news reporters" to report..........................the news.

These clueless reporters should know that if Barry (by no fault of his own mind you) is associated with a big steroid and growth hormone scandal because his trainer (by no fault of Barry's) happened to shoot Barry up (against his will) with some questionable chemicals (instead of the unquestionable chemicals he usually shoots Barry up with) and it so happens that Barry's head (unbeknownst to Barry) has grown to a size that is abnormal that these reporters should cease and desist reporting the news because Barry's kid could get teased and hurt (by no fault of Barry's of course). His discernment is solid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:36 am:

damn sacto it is always so doom and gloom for you. is life really that bad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By steve on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 07:30 pm:

Why does everyone play along as if this person is actually an A's fan? lol

anyways...

Kevin Mitchell

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.