Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Baseball Think Factory's A's Preview

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Baseball Think Factory's A's Preview
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 03:30 pm:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/main/article/oakland_as_preview05/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 05:17 pm:

I think this guys #'s projections are WHACK!!!

Byrnes 16 HR's???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 06:39 pm:

Harden's numbers seem a bit low to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 08:42 pm:

I've learned not to pay any attention to pre-season predictions. Who really thought the Marlins were gonna win the 2003 World Series for the 2nd time in their 10 year existence?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 09:49 pm:

I was reading an old issue of Lindy's: They predicted that the AZ D-Backs will finish first in the NL West, and yet they lost 111 games - never believe the experts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 12:43 am:

dbacks will be vastly improved and are in a weak division. might not be a bad pick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 08:13 am:

I agree on AZ; they could provide some real headaches for the rest of that division. If both Glaus and Green put up big numbers they are capable of and Ortiz and Vasquez do the job, they certainly have to be considered dark horses to win it. Also, Gonzalez appears to be healthy again. Dodgers, Giants, Backs all seem to have a chance in a division which could prove to have the tightest race.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 08:28 am:

Trust me, Russ Ortiz won't do the job and Shawn Green looks washed up. Glaus might actually be able to justify his contract if he manages to stay healthy. With the Rockies in full rebuilding mode they'll probably climb out of the cellar this year and maybe they can finish past the Giants if Bonds misses significant time. To lose 111 games and become a divsion title contender the next year is virtually impossible. The division is a toss up between the Dodgers and Paders with Giants thrown in the mix if Bonds is bullshitting everyone, which he may very well be doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:12 am:

I don't know about that yc. Keep in mind that Brandon Webb had the worst tough luck of any pitcher in the bigs. Webb, Ortiz, and Vasquez. Plus you've got green, glaus, gonzalez. Their bulle is a huge issue. Don't think they'll win the division (think it will be the gnats, sadly). I just think they'll be ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:52 am:

Yeh, I think their bullpen is their achilles' heel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.