Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

2005 A's Win total

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: 2005 A's Win total
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By calig on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 07:28 am:

The current over/under total for A's wins this year is 81.

Does anyone else like the over like me?
Can this be an above 0.500 team?

I know someone posted some stathead website that still had them at over 90 wins. I think that is a lot to ask.
It is going to be a rocky road, but my gut feeling is about 85 wins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 08:33 am:

88 wins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 08:51 am:

I guess 83 wins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 09:57 am:

81 wins starting pitching will be a big problem they won't realize how much they miss the other big 2 untill this season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:12 am:

I say over. I think the A's will win about 85 games but I will say this, if everything breaks right (and I mean EVERYTHING) I can see this team stealing the division. I think the pitching will be pretty good this year and the offense will be better than last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:30 am:

I agree with givedaddy. 85 wins unless EVERYTHING falls into place. Chavez and Durazo have to have career years too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:16 am:

85...too many things have to go right for this team to make the playoffs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 12:25 pm:

88, while the bullpen and offense are improved the back end of the rotation is bound to have many games that make the backend of the bullpen a non factor, but I think there is just too much talent for this team to be at 500 or below.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 02:12 pm:

101 Wins. Billy Beane is a genius.

It's still Spring Traing isn't it? I'm allowed to dream.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By misa_2g on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 02:25 pm:

99 wins, Harden will win the CY Young, Swisher will be the Rookie of the year. Ellis will be the comeback player of the year. And Chavez will be in the top 3 for the MVP voting. Let's get this show on the road!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 03:03 pm:

I hate to be pessimitic (sactodavey is rubbing off on me) but I have two preidctions. First, my honest prediction: 82 wins, second or third in the AL West. My wish-list prediction: 94 wins, good for the wild card or 1st place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 05:07 pm:

85 wins and probably miss the playoffs but still a great year.

Next year however, the sky is the limit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 05:29 pm:

93 wins... our improved line-up, bull-pen... and deeper bench gets us in the post-season...BB will make a mid-season move that'll get us over the hump (veteran pitcher in the rotation maybe?)

Johnson will be in the BIGS somehow because his insane #'s in SAC put him in Oakland. Street, Kolero, and Dotel will be solid. Cruz and Duke are going to be MVP's for this team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me_94501 on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 05:38 pm:

Best case: 100 wins, playoff appearance
Worst case: 81 wins, 3rd place
I expect 87-90 wins, second place. I think this is going to be a fun team. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lenny on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:20 am:

I could see them winning 98 games if evervthing goes right and 80 if everything goes wrong, so I'll say 89 wins. They'll take 1st place and score more runs than the overrated Angels Angels of Angeldom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 03:11 am:

I predict 88-74. This should be a satisfying year. Contenders again in 2006.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 06:44 am:

I predict 85 - 88 wins. Enough talent to be over .500, but not enough (barring trades) to be the best team in the division.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

hey everyone look at yc prediction so many arrogaunt people who thought you can lose good players and just keep strollin along like a dynasty ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

look at my prediction for those who think they know more then me i was right on 81 wins if we have a great yr but i called it .

reading this is pure comedy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 05:35 pm:

I'll still go with 81 wins. I think they can do it. On another note....Haren pitched a great game today. 4H 2ER and 0BB. And what more can I say about Street. Pitching looked great. Just waiting for that offense to come around. Gotta focus on some positives. If you only focus on the negatives....you're gonna be a very unhappy person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:16 pm:

hey, for a moment there I was going to ask where you guys had found such good stuff and then I saw the date on the posts and it was March 31
when you folks were giving those predictions...

I think .500 would be my prediction and I felt the same way in March, although I didn't get to see them at ST at all this year. My expectations were very low from the start and with all that went wrong I can see them losing 90
games this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:25 pm:

I thought 82-85 wins before the season started but I'd put it more like 75-81./

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:37 pm:

Good job of digging up the crow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:55 pm:

LOL i know but man its so funny

amazing the thinkin that its ok to lose 2 great pitcher sand nothin will happen.

i think when we lost Giambi and many thought end of the world and we kept rollin that we got cocky thinkin we could lose more superstars and it would be ok hey if it was that easy every team would be at .500 , what we had comes around every 10-20 yrs people if that, in 2 yrs most here will be daming our GM , it is the beggining of a long spyroll down town, remember the Angels are loaded with minor league guys and the Rangers are gettin good so the cycle goes on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ugh on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 08:38 pm:

unbelievable!

based on what? does anyone think this team is going to do anything? in the overall scope of all 30 ML teams, 81 - 85 wins is pretty good....i mean what more can any fan ask than that their team provide them with a 50% or better chance of getting a W on a given night.....unless the A's make another genius midseason deal, the current team wins 72 - 80 games tops.....look at our current starters W/L record.....not pretty....you think yabu, haren or blanton get 15-20 this year.....fat chance, much less zito or harden....if ONE of those guys gets to 15 - 18 W's that would be something at this rate......

we pick up someone that can really juice the offence, OK maybe we somehow get out to 82 - 85 wins.....but the current team???

what.....you think Crosby's gonna come back in june and go on and hit 30 homers?,,,,,GOD......THAT......would be something.

HERE'S TO BOBBY COMING BACK.................BIG TIME...........

CURENT A's TEAM: 78 wins

BEST POSSIBLE SCENARIO: 83 wins

hope i'm wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 08:56 pm:

Is spyroll a kind of sushi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 09:12 pm:

Considering the ENTIRE starting staff has 6
wins total . One of them would have to
get really hot to win 18 games. If they were
merely good,,, 15 wins would be hard to reach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 06:22 am:

although the repetition is grating, sacto is smelling like a rose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:35 am:

81 wins? LOL. You're smoking crack! They're on pace for 60 wins and 102 losses :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:20 am:

yeah, i'm w/ron c

cracktodavey's projection of 81 wins is on par with the rest of our projections.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:20 am:

You know, this season is going to do wonders for our ability to upgrade our season's tickets next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:21 am:

lol.

i'm already thinking about the GSDubs and the Raiders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 02:24 pm:

74 Wins...tops!!!

EXCITING 2nd half due to new pickups and Dan Johnson tearing it up!!! HOUSTON STREET = SUPERSTAR ROOKIE ALL-STAR.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.