Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

My bold prediciton for the season...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: My bold prediciton for the season...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:34 am:

...okay maybe not that bold. But I predict Eric Chavez will be the 2005 American League MVP. Chavez took major strides last year to take that next step to becoming a superstar. Because of his broken wrist his counting numbers were no more impressive than any other year. But he significantly improved his plate patience, as he'd been a bit of a hacker before last season, and finally hit lefties with some consistency.

Another reason why I believe he'll win is the low expectations thrown on the A's by the media. A player always has a better chance to win an MVP when he's on a team not expected to do much. If the A's contend all year it will be built as a huge surprise by the "experts" that the A's could still win without Hudson and Mulder. If Chavez has a huge year and the A's "surprise" everyone by being in the hunt all year that could very well equal an MVP for Chavez.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:18 pm:

yeah, picked him up on my fantasy team. the line up is sure stacked nicely in front of him. will he bat 3rd or 4th?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 10:34 pm:

WATCHING CHAVEY TONITE... I'M NOT GONNA BET AGAINST YOU!!! Awesome stick and his glove on display tonite!!! Sweet!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.