Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

TV?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: TV?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 11:07 am:

Seems like the A's haven't been on Fox Sports Net or ESPN in awhile. All the games have been on local TV only? What's the deal? Us out of the area fans are getting screwed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 11:15 am:

Nevermind, I see some more FSN games on the schedule. Just seems like less then there used to be. I wonder if it's due to low ratings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:10 pm:

Both teams here in the bay area have struggled ratings wise.

The SFG are barely drawing half of what they used to the last few years and the A's? Well, let's say that they're doing better than the W's and Sharks have done the past few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 08:16 pm:

That's good info, Oaktownfan. Is there a Web link where do you get the TV ratings for both teams?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 08:24 pm:

No, I don't know if it's online but the ratings for the most popular bay area viewship is printed in the trib weekly I think on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

So far, SF has average in the high 200k/low 300ks when they would routinely average high 400k/low 500ks. Guess there is a Bonds effect there.

The A's I haven't seen in list which ranks the top 5 during the week. The times I've seen the A's, they were drawing a little less than 100k.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.