Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Um...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Um...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 06:47 pm:

...did the A's just completely forget the situation in the bottom of the 8th against Sheffield? Okay when it was 1st and 3rd with one out you of course play for two. But once Posada steals 2nd (let's not even get into the embarassment of that) why was the infield still back? Did Macha and Lacheman have a collective mental lapse and forget the Yankees had cut the lead to one? They would have had Jeter nailed at home on Sheffield's ground ball if the infield is in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 06:49 pm:

Wake me up when the A's start playing baseball.
This sucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 06:52 pm:

That inning shouldn't have even mattered as much as it did.

The A's should've been had at least a 3 or 4 run lead but yet again, they can't hit with RISP.

Chavez is hitless again and lined into that double play.

Why was Zito in anyway? I know his pitchcount was that high but you knew sooner or later the Yanks were going to pick up his stuff.

The bullpen was bad on Wednesday but they've been pretty solid the entire year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 06:56 pm:

Well one thing showed why I wish saves would be abolished as a statistic as Dotel gets a blown save tonight. Okay he did get lucky on the wild pitch that Posada tried to advance to 3rd on but he did a good job tonight but it goes down in the record books that he "blew" the game by letting a runner score on a weak ground ball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:14 pm:

A's lead 5-3, got lucky with the error but I'd take it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:30 pm:

Ugly, ugly, ugly win. Wow the Yankees look bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:33 pm:

Should be amusing to read the NY rags tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:34 pm:

I heard the Yanks are on pace for a 61-101 record if this continues. Probalby won't happen but it's just fun to see the pinstrips finally going down the toilet for at least a few months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By samk on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:40 pm:

yeah. it's fun.

But let's not delude ourselves that the A's played particularly well.

Another gift win, like the 2 against the Chisox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:41 pm:

I hate to think what will happen to Steinbrenner's horse tommorrow if he doesn't win the Kentucky Derby...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 07:52 pm:

Yankess do look like crap right now, so the
A's need to take advantage of their poor play.
Yanks blundered the game away to the A's, but
it is still a win, which the A's really needed
to stop their own losing ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 08:06 pm:

yc, I can't believe you are upset that Dotel got a blown save for that! I am upset that he got the freaking win. How do you think Barry Zito feels?? Dotel comes in and allows a double steal with the CATCHER on the back end, then lets the tying run score. You can't blow a save any worse than that. I'm just glad he wasn't on the mound at the end of the game to celebrate. Kiko Calero closed it out with class.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 08:15 pm:

Speaking of Dotel. Did anybody here read the sports spat in the trib today?

They usually have a bay area sports writer to put in their thoughts and the writer they had today who also works for KNBR I think said that the A's should trade Dotel to SF for Jason freakin Ellison?!

Please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 08:54 pm:

I didn't get to physically see the game, I watched on the game center - but WOW, we REALLY suck. Make no mistake, this was a win that we should have won, BUT at the same time, we should have lost this.

First, Zito had a good game. BUT he had no biz being out there that late in the game. His pitch count was around 90, so there was some room. BUT who cares! How many times have we seen this happen to him - he gets to the 7th or 8th and then gives up the HR meat ball. He shouldn't have gone out there for that inning. That's my thought. If he had 70 pitches, maybe. But they usually don't let him go past 100 anyways - I don't like it.

And of course, 3 runs w/o getting a ball out of the IF? HORRIBLE. PATHETIC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 09:05 pm:

Hard to believe those were the Y's. 2 E's on Tino and one on A-Rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 09:11 pm:

Agreed. That's how bad our team is. It took THAT for us to win that game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 09:15 pm:

"yc, I can't believe you are upset that Dotel got a blown save for that! I am upset that he got the freaking win. How do you think Barry Zito feels?? Dotel comes in and allows a double steal with the CATCHER on the back end, then lets the tying run score. You can't blow a save any worse than that. I'm just glad he wasn't on the mound at the end of the game to celebrate. Kiko Calero closed it out with class."

Yup 1 2/3 IP, no base runners allowed. Ya he really **** things up tonight! Hey didn't know a pitcher was soley responsible for a stolen base...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 09:39 pm:

Yay! We won the game! We beat the Yankees in New York! Yay! Yay, New York fans hate their own team! Yay! Yay! We helped put the nail in the coffin! Yay! There is a God, and God likes the A's! Yay!

There's your gift horse my friends. Try not to stare at the ol' mandible for too long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

Looking at the game from the NY perspective:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/07/sports/baseball/07pins.html (registration required)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:06 am:

cool read. got any tabloid links?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:12 am:

answer my own question...

here's the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/46085.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:14 am:

the Post called last night, "the hardest evidence yet that the Bombers' season is a lost cause..."

man, talk about hyperbole...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.