Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Glenn Dickey today... Not as nice as Mr. Spander but the same point

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Glenn Dickey today... Not as nice as Mr. Spander but the same point
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By darth2900 on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 11:17 am:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2002/05/09/SP179382.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

Ignacio De La Fuente put the "self" into "self-serving." He's the goof who last fall "broke the story" that a sale of the A's to Las Vegas interests was "imminent," yes? Turned out not to be true -- that the party wasn't from Las Vegas, and the sale wasn't "imminent." Well, it might have been imminent, but his going public with his thread of information scared the parties further underground. Now, who knows whether anyone is interested in buying the A's....If anyone is, there's no guarantee that Mr. De La Fuente won't go shooting off his mouth again. He never seems to pass up an opportunity to grandstand, from what I've observed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By darth2900 on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 03:07 pm:

Apolitician's politican... instead of a man's man... ha!
He must be thinking of running for state office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fanamy on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 08:13 am:

Slimeball is all I can say

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 09:25 am:

I now rather want to focus on some positives here and there were positives...

Gail Steele was fabolous in her newly acquired conscience of what is really going on...she is showing she wants the A's to stay and wants to really show good will in negotiating this lease and the possibility of the new ballpark...

Haggerty of course put the deal together but made a big mistake to stare DLF in the eye and I believe you should never stare a bulldog in the eye unless you're sure you can beat em....

De la Fuente wants to punish the A's for the blunders of the past...at all cost...

Danny Wan is totally against any deal that would keep the A's and could care less if they left...

Marry Warren was great and wants the A's to stay...she is 100% in our corner...

Robert A Brown wants to convince everybody that he's a sports expert and has too much arrogance to see reality...says he knows better than anybody and doesn't need lawyers to put togehter a legal document...yeah...right...

Bob Dron was put on the JPA by DLF and will cast his vote with DLF....he has no opinion...voiced no opinion...but voted with DLF...he is DLF's Drone

Sherman L Balch Sr. was the voice of reason and I think he will do whatever is within reason to keep the A's and get the communication lines open.

Those are the members of the JPA...and my personal opinion...

others who were there may join in with their thoughts...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 08:55 pm:

Here's an e-mail I sent to Dickey and his response, which is a hoot.

To: gdickey@sfchronicle.com
Sent: 5/9/2002 1:48 PM
Subject: Today's column

Dear Mr. Dickey:

I sure hope IDLF read your column before the JPA meeting this morning!
Having seen his act in person, I have no doubt that his ego is MUCH
larger
than his intellect.

The response:

I'm not sure he can read.
glenn dickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By darth2900 on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 08:44 am:

I sent Glenn Dickey an email to that said Muzzle? They should rmeove his tounge. He replied Good Idea.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.