Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

If the A's get shutout by Kevin Brown...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: If the A's get shutout by Kevin Brown...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 11:17 am:

...I'm throwing in the towel on the season. I'm always one to not worry until late in the season but this offense could reach historical levels of awfulness. They have five innings left to show me otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 12:57 pm:

your towel has been thrown, sir.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 01:14 pm:

This is the most TELLING point of our season:
"Brown escaped a pair of bases-loaded jams and pitched seven sharp innings, leading the New York Yankees over the Oakland Athletics 6-0 Sunday."

That's from Yahoo sports recap of the game.

I am sorry, but our offense is just done. It's a joke. Absolutely pathetic.

If we are not going to go out and get help - fine, because I already figured this year would be a struggle....I just thought it would be Starting pitching. But for the LOVE OF GOD, alteast pretend to take measure! Change the damned lineup! PLEASE GOD I BEG OF YOU....WHY can't these fools do SOMETHING. CHANGE THE DAMNED BATTING ORDER.

Atleast it would make me think someone is trying something.

I think Macha is probably happy - he thinks "Hello Pirates job!"

They'd be stupid enough to hire him.
As pathetic as he is, our offense is terrible. We lose to the most horrid pitchers this year - and let him shut us out through 7 innings, while Harden does a good job yet again.

Why would ANY pitcher want to play for the A's. Huddy would have atleast 20 more career wins if not for bullpen collapses and run support. Mulder would have bunch too.

I don't care if we have an off year this year, I did expect that. But please, we are playing like a minor league team here. I am embarassed for our team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 01:22 pm:

This team is truly painful to watch. Much worse than I expected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

Yeah, but we expected the SP to suck as much as it turns out that the offense is sucking...right? Weird huh. Not like I expected us to score 10 runs a game, but I did expect us to pick a run up when we had RISP atleast 10% of the time....pathetic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 02:21 pm:

Unless Macha is a worse puppet than I thought...I don't understand why he doesn't move Chavez down in this lineup. If Macha was comfortable to take the decision to pinch hit for Dye in a deciding point of a playoff game, I see no reason for him to just not take Chavez out of the no 3 spot..pathetic and absurd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 03:15 pm:

My ONLY reason to think they won't do that is that they feel he'll take it too personally and then get worse...>I don't know....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 03:23 pm:

God forbid it should look like Beane made a mistake by giving Chavez the fat contract.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 04:38 pm:

Here's my thrown together line-ups to try with the current incarnation of the team.

vs. Righties

1. Kotsay CF
2. Scutaro SS
3. Durazo DH
4. Hatteberg 1B
5. Chavez 3B
6. Kendall C
7. Kielty LF
8. Thomas RF
9. Ellis 2B

vs. Lefties
1. Kotsay CF
2. Kendall C
3. Byrnes LF
4. Kielty RF
5. Durazo DH
6. Ginter 2B
7. Chavez 3B
8. Ellis SS
9. Hatteberg 1B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 05:21 pm:

I doub't Chavez takes anything personally - he certainly doesn't appear to take thing seriously.

And even if he does, how much worse can he get? It's time to rattle his cage. I'd bat him last until he actually drove in somebody in scoring position in three consecutive game. Two games in a row? Sorry your ass still bats ninth...

I root for the laundry but these guys are stinking up the wash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 05:50 pm:

I'm the eternal optimist but today I am very pissed off. This offense SUCKS big time. That was pathetic. Brown is not exactly a cy young candidate this year. I don't see how the A's can beat anyone with this current team. Get some goddamn hitters Beane.
We have a 4-A offense- better than AAA but not good enough for the majors. I don't know where we go from here but I won't be placing any bets on the A's to win the division or make the playoffs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 05:58 pm:

I'll always root for the A's but this offense is unwatchable and !@#$%^& boring; and has been getting more boring each year.
Macha? You get what you pay for. I think he's more suited to being a bench coach analyzing the matchups. He probably couldn’t manage a party at a brewery.

I don’t know whether Chavez will ever be comfortable or effective being “the man”.

Kotsay should be batting 3rd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 06:33 pm:

I had posted it would be interesting match up
of the bad pitching of the Yanks and the bad
hitting of the A's. The answer was clearly,
the A's offense is worse than the pitching of
the Yankees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 06:43 pm:

I enjoy Sacto's rants, not for their content, but
for the passion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 08:07 pm:

As of now, the only hitters that probably could make most starting lineups for the rest of the other 31 MLB teams is Kotsay and Kendall; maybe Hatty.

The rest are really struggling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 04:32 am:

WHY bat Kotsay first now? Why, when he's the only good hitter on this team. What good is him getting a hit on base when nobody is on? Why not place some other guys on before him??

Kotsay should be batting 3rd or 4th. Maybe it's weird, but why the hell not try it. It CAN'T be worse than ANYTHING else we have been doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 10:21 am:

IMHO Thomas should be getting playing time at AAA and Dan Johnson should see some time up here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 11:09 am:

I posted this on another thread but Chavez is taking this slump seriously and he asked Macha to drop him down in the order! At this rate Macha will be lucky to get the 3rd base coach's job in Pissburg but that job might require to much thought! Billy swallow your ego, fire Macha and install Wash as the Interim Mgr.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.