Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Rickey Henderson is a Dawg

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Rickey Henderson is a Dawg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 10:16 am:

Make that San Diego Surf Dawgs.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20050509-9999-1s9rickey.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:31 pm:

yep, it's also mentioned on the topic titled "attention SD A's fans".

GO RICKEY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 07:40 pm:

HE IS SO BAD ASS!!! Its not gonna happen but I'd love for him to hit homerun # 300 in Oakland...dream on...dream away....ahhhhhhhh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

Rickey just refuses to quit.

Ah well the man's earned the right to play as long as he chooses.

I wish him luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

I once asked Sandy Alderson if the A's would bring Rickey back to retire with the A's. He told me that for that I would probably have to wait till Rickey turned 50. I'm beginning to believe he wasn't kidding.

Rickey has already done many things no one has ever done in baseball...so this is just another one of those things. Go for it Rickey!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

Did anyone see the press conference?
He's still in amazing shape. From the neck down he should be in his mid twenties. Definitely no roids or even weights with that guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 07:27 pm:

Run, Rickey, Run!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 07:49 pm:

rickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 07:21 am:

If the A's continue to falter and there are too many empty seat at the Coli, we may once again see the Rickster in green and gold. Imagine what an Eric Byrnes could do with Rickey as his mentor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:23 am:

bpf, that would be wonderful in so many ways!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:13 pm:

Awesome graphic, Jerry.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 10:33 pm:

I have a similar graphic of Jeremy Giambi except he doesn't slide - EVER!

As for Rickey coming back. I still think Billy Beane has some grudge against Rickey from when he was the superstar and Billy was an unknown utility player. Rickey has been known to rub people the wrong way and who knows, maybe he said or did something that Billy won't let go of.

Now the tables have turned and Billy has the power and stardom while Rickey is on the outside looking in.

Just my guess...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 11:12 am:

I don't think Rickey had been known to rub people the wrong way. That's a media creation.
LaRussa was just interviewed on ESPN and they asked him about Rickey. Tony said that any player would love to have him as a teammate. He said Rickey was a great guy and they had like 2 disputes the entire time he managed Rickey. LaRussa said the other 98% of the time he was great to be around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 11:52 am:

Rickey wouldn't necessarily "rub" people the wrong way purposely but players have big egos and like any other work environment, not everyone likes each other or may be jealous and bitter of someone more successful than they are. Maybe Billy couldn't stand Rickey's third person sytle of talking about Rickey, who knows? There are people who hold grudges for years - some are on this board (including me) - and will never forgive BurgerBoy or his No-Slide brother.

I've always liked Rickey and hope he will retires as an A (even if it's when he's 50)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:15 am:

Here is some opinions about from the rest of the country about Rickey as answer by Ryne Sandberg (those people ripped Ryno, too).

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=rs-mailbag051205&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:42 am:

Nice article on Rickey in today's Chron. Only bad note is that I'm sorry to see the A's didn't treat Rickey with more respect.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/16/BAGKNCPN0C1.DTL

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.