Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's offense: Wake Up Sleepy head

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's offense: Wake Up Sleepy head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 01:13 pm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2056116&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 01:34 pm:

From Chavez:
"I got to that point where I was really drilling myself,'' Chavez said. "Then it got so bad I just said, 'Forget about it. Let it go.' I'm trying to keep a cool head and hoping my numbers will be what they always are. But when you're going through your bad streak, you never know for sure. It might be one of those Pat Burrell years.''

That last sentence is the nail in the coffin: He just mailed it in.
THat's not to say he won't turn it around, but he's mailed it in if he has to even UTTER that - uttering an excuse and writing it off is NOT a good sign for us. Burrell is NOT making the jack Chavey is.

That last sentence just scared the crap out of me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:00 pm:

Burrel makes 7.25 million, Chavvy makes 8.5 million. That is supposed to excuse on guy vs.
another?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:00 pm:

Burrel makes 7.25 million, Chavvy makes 8.5 million. That is supposed to excuse on guy vs.
another?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:01 pm:

Burrell's close...he's making $7.25 million. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:02 pm:

Burrel makes 7.25?? WOW, I had NO idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:02 pm:

and rocket beats me to the punch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:33 pm:

Just because the A's continually cry cheap and
do not retain their best players, does no mean other teams will not pay the big bucks to players.
Other teams may be burnt badly with bad contracts,
but they do sign players to big contracts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.