Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Lineup for tonight's game

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Lineup for tonight's game
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:48 pm:

SAME 'O, SAME "O. Oh! the pain of it all. Chavez batting third, Hatteburg batting fourth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:51 pm:

Is Dan Johnson in the lineup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:52 pm:

At least Macha is consistent with what he does and
what he says in the press. No reason to change
what's uhm..........working right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cin on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 04:19 pm:

Hi I am new to the sight. But just have to say that Macha needs to get fired. His approach leave things the way they are and they will eventually work out. Whatever!!!!! We all saw how well that worked with Mulder last year. The A's need a manager that is going to light a fire under their butts and is not afraid to make changes. Macha SUCK'S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 05:09 pm:

Hey, not watching the game. What's up with Manny Ramirez? It says on Gameday that Haren hit him in the head???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 05:45 pm:

Ugly outing for Haren who has really struggled his last 4 outings.

4/23:4 2/3 IP, 6 ER and 9 hits with 4 strikeouts.
4/29:7 IP, 2 ER and 6 hits with 9 strikeouts which was his last very good outing.
5/4:3 2/3 IP, 7 ER and 7 hits with 4 strikeouts.

Now tonight:3 2/3 IP, 6 ER and 5 hits with 2 strikeouts.

Unless the A's can figure out Wakefield's knuckler, which I think is doubtful, this roadtrip can look very ugly. I was hoping for maybe a 3-3 record against the Yanks/BoSox but it's going to be lucky if we go 2-4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 06:20 pm:

Haren has good stuff, but has really poor command in certain innings, and then things fall apart for him. Too many walks, wild pitches, and falls behind the hitters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 07:16 pm:

Only 1 run was officially earned against Haren tonight, but he certainly didn't help matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 07:25 pm:

Loading the bases twice with no one out will get
you pulled from a lot of games. You need to be
Houdini or facing a slumping A's lineup to get
out of it without mahor damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ugh on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 07:38 pm:

i was hoping for 2 going in to this trip -- and it's still possible -- which is not a disaster or surprising -- the sox had the A's # last year -- so forget about whether the trades sucked or not --they killed us last year too.......

but who cares whether they win 1 or 2 or 3....this is NOT a competitive ballclub. i remember having a similar feeling last year, like just not wanting to watch these guys anymore....if they
put up more of a fight i could stomach the losses, but they all look like chavez speaks: "....i just suck....what can you do?"

A's supporters/fans to A's players: PLAY BALL, and stop looking like such a bunch of losers.

statistics be damned!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 10:04 pm:

Here's the AP blurb about the game. Painful, and not just Manny getting beaned.

Manny Ramirez was hit on the helmet by a pitch in the first inning last night, but that did not leave the Boston Red Sox hurting offensively. Trot Nixon drove in four runs and Kevin Millar hit his first homer of the season in a 13-5 victory over the visiting Oakland Athletics.

Oakland's fielding may have been worse than its pitching. Nine of Boston's runs were unearned: all five in the fourth inning and four in the seventh.

There was no report on Ramirez's condition after Dan Haren's first pitch to him, clocked at 81 miles an hour, hit the left side of his batting helmet. Ramirez stood briefly, then went to one knee and walked under his own power to the dugout.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.