Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Dotel the goat...yet again

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Dotel the goat...yet again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 07:43 pm:

The guy just isn't cut out to be a closer. Just like last year we had to find out the hard way with Arthur Rhodes, now we have to find out with Dotel, these guys were set up men for a reason. If we wanted a guy to come in and walk guys and throw 98mph gopher balls down the middle of the plate we could just resign Billy Koch for a lot less money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 07:54 pm:

Dotel hasn't pitched all that bad.

1-1, 4 earned runs in 13+ innings for a 3+ ERA and 15 strikeouts. The one thing that worries me about him walking players. 10 BBs, that's almost a walk an inning for him which includes the walk to Ortiz tonight before Millar's walkoff hr.

I mean I would love to see be the closer this year but not this early. If the A's would actually trade Dotel at the deadline, I'd rather see Calero or even Cruz close before Street. Next year is where I would like to see Street close full time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:27 pm:

I didn't get to see the game. Was it a hanging slider?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:47 pm:

Yeah Dotel blew the save but for pete's sake, if you can't score more than two GIFT runs then you just don't deserve to win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 10:57 am:

I was listening to the Robert Buan post game show (I know, I'm a masochist). Anyway a lady called in and said she listened to the game on the radio but that she turned on the game in the ninth and Greenwald made some comment like "this will either be a game ending double play or a game ending homer" and blam it's a homer on the next pitch. She blamed Greenwald for the A's loss. My thought is that it was her own damn fault for not listening to the ENTIRE game on radio and jinxing the team by turning on the tube in the 9th. Stupid Bitch...

Thanks Lady. Apparently you don't know about baseball superstitions...

P.S. I hope it wasn't someone on this board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:21 am:

Dotel blew that game because he was ONLY throwing fastballs. You can throw "mostly" fastballs, but ONLY fastballs will screw you. That's moronic. Millar was SITTING fastballs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:29 am:

I Agree. but you have to admit it quite a coincidence that Dotel started throwiny ONLY fastballs only AFTER that lady turned the game on her TV in the ninth.

I still blame her!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:37 am:

hilarious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 01:16 pm:

Again with the game winning homer....

I'll bet that stupid lady did something again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 03:34 pm:

Enough with the excuses about not scoring enough runs. Bottom line is, these last two games we should have won, and would have, with a decent closer. GO TO HELL DOTEL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:54 pm:

you guys crack me up, all you Beane lovers should be very happy, why do i say this ? because with every loss it makes moneyball have more importance see if the A's lose alot they get a high draft pick and we love to give away superstars for picks right this is the motto of Moneyballl or am i wrong? so then if we lose we get high draft picks so be happy people.

Money ball Money Ball

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:42 pm:

ain't no beane lovers round' these parts. i think everyone knows dude's an overrated spinmaster who deserves props for his draft & farm system dealings (if any). his deals have been good and bad. The last two offseasons have been pathetic.

There's gotta be some hating going on amongst other gms. if you were a GM would you want to give this guy jack?!?!? hell no.,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 11:42 am:

beane lover here. i'd like to point out that this is the year billy told us all, more or less, that we'd be lucky to be competitive...and that 06 and 07 are our years. given that, i'll take one crappy year in order to get four decent ones.

looking through that lens, one could say that we're relatively successful this year -- after all, we took the ws champions into the bottom of the ninth, twice in a row. even though we haven't seen much to get excited about, we're playing relatively competitive ball now and then.

y'all are lucky that we've had it even this good, considering beane's statements.

or, you could toss reason aside...it's easier to blame the lady who called into a radio show. buan should never take a call again, from anyone anywhere. why does he hate america?!?! friggin' communiss...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.