Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

doesn't it seem like so long ago

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: doesn't it seem like so long ago
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:16 pm:

that we won game 1 against Boston

remember how exciting that game was and the electricty when raymond bunt down the line for the gw hit? the great defense by chavez .the gut ptching performance of Foulk,that was the best playoff game of all the yrs 200-2003.

it is sad know those games and post season are long gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:19 pm:

YEAH BABY.

Goddamn Sacto. I knew you wouldn't let me down tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:26 pm:

I feel let down, no ex-A's had a good game tonight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 10:16 pm:

If you look at most teams who have won the past 5 years like the A's, they are struggling big time.

NYY-although they seem to be turning things around, they look old and tired.

SFG-Bonds, Benitez, Schimdt are now all injured and they look like a .500 team even if they had the last two players.

ChiCubs-well they've lose 8 out of 10 so they should have a lot more to bitch about then the A's since they were closer to a WS then the A's ever were.

Hou-Bagwell and Biggio looked old and their offense stinks as much as the A's do.

The difference between those clubs is that the A's have a much lower payroll so the mistakes are more apperant and the A's have a high risk factor for every move they do.

I think most didn't think the A's weren't going to be playoff contenders for the rest of the decade. The hammer was going to go down sooner or later and yes it looks now that trading away Hudson and Mulder were a mistake but it'd be better to get something for them rather then lose them for nothing, maybe a compensation pick. Even if they were here, the offense would still stink.

Now not resigning Tejada, who knew that Chavez who looked like a future blue chip stud who could hit 30+ hrs and 110 RBIs while playing gold glove defense for the next half decade would have fallen from grace.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.