Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

#$%$ You Dotel

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: #$%$ You Dotel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 01:21 pm:

sorry just had to say that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 01:39 pm:

GOD Damn Billy for bringing that guy in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 03:06 pm:

If they didn't bring him in last year the A's would have finished further than one game out I assure you that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 03:32 pm:

With all of his blown saves last year, you could argue that that fact. In fact I'd prefer to think that without him last year we could have won the division.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 04:25 pm:

This kind of shit happens with closers and this kind of shit happens in Fenway.

Ask Keith Foulke, he got booed off the mound in Boston today for his blown save and his miserable start to the year.
Dotel has had a good start with the exception of these back to back walk offs.

My only question is: Will Dotel be able to shake off these two disasters?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 04:35 pm:

Watch how he pitches!!! He is aweful !!! NO VELOCITY NO MOVEMENT...he has been lucky until today. Its obvious he is not a closer!!! When was the last time he came to the mound to close a game and you KNEW the job would get done..because you're so confident in him...sh*t I cant remember once. DOTEL IS NOT A CLOSER!!! We don't want him...we settle for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:33 pm:

I say the following not having anything to do with happened the last 2 games: I would rather take our chances with Street or Calero (when healthy) as closer, than Dotel - meaning, let's trade Dotel and GET something we can USE in return.

There has to be a package out there with a veteran (again even) RH stick and some kind of prospect for down the road too.

Our bullpen is actually decent this year. We aren't gonna keep DOtel next year, let's get something for him now. The only reason to wait is if Beane thinks we can get more for him near the deadline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:40 pm:

I hear the Cubbies need a closer. Do they have anything we want?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:49 pm:

a stick of gum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:57 pm:

The Cubs would be a great option. But are they really contenders for the playoffs this year and who do they have that the A's might want?

Forget about the likes of a Lee or Patterson.

Although Dotel is probably better than Hawkins or Barorwski, he still would be giving Cubbies fans a heart attack everytime he came out to close a game.

I say package a deal and somehow get Cincy involved in a 3 or 4 team deal and we can net a Pena or Kearns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:03 pm:

we need to get dotel on a good save streak then he will have high value but yes he will be gone in June or July but this season is over for us it will take more then 1 player to save us now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:07 pm:

Yeah, I do see a huge overhaul after the trading deadline.

Dotel, Byrnes, Hatteburg, Durazo all could be tradeable pieces to a playoff contending team because I don't see any of these guys 3 years from now on the A's being a major part of the team.

Hopefully when Swisher and Crosby come back, they'll bats give this lineup at least a little punch.

Kotsay, Chavez, Kendall, Crosby, Swisher, Kielty, maybe a callup from AAA like Johnson, and the player the A's should get back in a trade; I see as the main offensive contributors during August-September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:46 pm:

While I think I would be for trades getting rid of the players above, while then focusing the next year on other players, I am afraid of what most fans would think. I think it would be a good step forward. I can't see us keeping Durazo AND Hattey and I can't see us keeping Dotel with Street. I can't see us going another year with Byrnes AND Kielty AND Thomas etc....I can't see another year with Ginter/Ellis/Scutaro.

We have some great players that we could move to contenders and possibly get some interesting pieces back.

So, I say let's move forward. We cannot go through another year of what we have going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 09:50 pm:

Marty Lurie was on KNBR with Larry Kruger tonight, talking about the A's. Kruger's last question to Marty was: would you put Hatteberg on the bench and call up Dan Johnson? Marty said, unquestionably, yes, he would do it immediately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 10:59 pm:

Ey. Marty is not a Hatty fan and never has been. I generally like and agree with Marty's views but I think he has demonstrated a big blind spot when it comes to Scott.

Personally, I don't think the A's should give up on the veterens just quite yet, too early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 06:21 am:

Then again, for the love of GOD, why can't they do the little things to shake this team up and change the damn batting order. It is not a move to JUST spark hitting, but to spark the team. Maybe scoring a run and seeing a guy on deck that you normally don't see there is exciting - maybe things just click? What is the WORST that could happen....we'd slump? I mean seriously. If this is Macha's doing, then he should be slapped. If it's BB's doing, he should be slapped. Why in the hell is chavey still high in the order? It makes NO sense? How many guys does he have to leave on before they make the move. And why can't they realize that move is made to HELP not hurt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:32 am:

I agree with that entirely Asch.

You've inspired me. I'm going to go slap my Chavvy bobblehead and see if that gets him going!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:58 am:

Great. Let's all slap our bobbleheads. And, if we don't have a bobblehead (I don't) slap something with the A's logo on it. Slap your moneyball book - something.

Hell, we knew we'd have a weird team this year and I am all for not making the playoffs this year and having a bit of an off year if it means those moves help us for years to come. But come on, some of these losses are laughable. Let's atleast win and lose competetively and lets atleast do (or pretend to do) everything in our power to win - THAT MEANS CHANGE THE DAMN LINEUP!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 10:05 am:

"Let's all slap our bobbleheads."

Let's keep PG in here asch. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 11:22 am:

hilarious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:40 pm:

No, no shakeup of the lineup. Macha says everyone is already in their optimal slot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 11:42 pm:

Optimal slot? I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 01:17 am:

I like the idea of slapping our bobbleheads...
so when is macha's bobblehead day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 04:17 am:

optimal slot...yeah, I read that.

OPTIMAL IF THEY WERE HITTING YOU IDIOT MACHA!

Jeez, what a moron....

Hey, how about this Macha, our team is not playing in our optimal ways.....you turd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 08:59 pm:

The A's gave away calendars during the first weekend of the first homestand. The picture for May is a HUGE closeup of Macha. For the month of May, I have gone back to my "Sopranos" calendar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 09:11 pm:

Where's the BB bobble head. I'd like to throw that shit against the wall pompus ass.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.