Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The most hated former 'A'

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The most hated former 'A'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 06:45 pm:

Danny "Sitting Bull" Tartabull.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:09 pm:

Giambi + Giambi + Joe "The Lobster Bib" Morgan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 04:59 am:

Wait a second...being random is one thing - that's a different thread. This is most hated...please explain why the following is on this thread for being hated:

1. Hassey
2. Felix Jose
3. Kurt Abbott
4. Storm Davis
5. Glenn Hubbard

I am confused why those guys are hated. Did I miss something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:36 am:

It was Glenn Abbott not Kurt Abbott.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:13 pm:

Kurt Abbott did put on an incredible show of errorship during his short 98 stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 01:23 pm:

Mike Fetters, Arthur Rhodes, Billy Koch, Adam Piatt, Ricardo Rincon Ruben Sierra, T-Long, Sal Fasano, Ken Macha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By simplefan on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 02:08 pm:

Fetters
Sierra
Grieve
Giambi x 2
McGuire
Van Popple
Menechino
Rogers
Prieto
Jones
Jackson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 02:12 pm:

Hey jen---not Glenn Abbott, not Kurt Abbott but who is Lou Abbott? Oh, Who's on first?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 02:15 pm:

Billy Martin's buddy Fred "Chicken" Stanley. The A's traded Rob Picciolo in order to let this guy play full time in '82, what a joke! Picciolo had a couple of decent years in '80-'81 and after the trade to Milwaukee, he was buried behind Robin Yount.
Don Baylor-We traded Reggie for this guy and he didn't produce much in '76. However, when he went to the Angels, he kicked arse. Coming back to Oakland in '88, he made some comments about the Dodgers before the world series, that seemed to inspire LA.
Finally, Mike Gallego (sorry Lil), only had one decent year at the plate, otherwise his glove didn't make-up for the lack of offense. LaRussa loved the guy (as did many A's fans), kinda like Martin loved Stanley IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 03:35 pm:

Kurt Abbott at SS certainly had a noisy glove...4 erros in one inning wasn't unusual...
but Billy kept saying...but don't you love his pop? But Billy, how about his clink!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:48 am:

I was not really a fan of Arthur "all Rhodes" lead to trouble, I never liked him before he came tot he A's and he sucked for us big time!

I also don't like Dotel much.

Foulke and Damon are just assholes for going for the money but hey at least they got a ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:13 pm:

Mike Andrews (j/k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:15 pm:

Mike Fetters

Or, as he was affectionately known as around here during his tenure, "Wedgie Boy."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:17 pm:

You know, the "Wedgie Boy" remembrance suggests another possible thread: "BEST OAFC PLAYER NICKNAMES."

There could be Ariel "Little Mermaid" Prieto..."Chicken" Alfredo Griffin..."The Cancer" (applied to a number of players)...to name a few.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:03 pm:

I'm a man now but i was bornagal - not reqally a nickname but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

LOL....I remember that one.

"Shooty Babbitt." No nickname needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 08:54 pm:

Not too long ago I posted my favorite nickname:

Mr. Anatomy: Tony Armas (Toe-Knee-Arm-Ass)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:10 pm:

"THE STATUE"-Ben Grieve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:37 pm:

Brosius always annoyed me.

Not a huge fan of Van Poppel or The Village Idiot himself Ruben Sierra.

Really the last 10 to 15 years alone, have brought many many ex A's that I can't stand.

That being said Giambi is now and forever at the top of the list. Jason Giambi that is.... though Jeremy is not too far behind.

On the other end of the spectrum ex A's that I like include:

Miggy
Mulder
Huddy
"The Chief" Geronimo Berroa
Matt Stairs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:38 pm:

VI...Village Idiot Rubin Serria

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:39 pm:

Oh and Rickey how could I ever forget him?

He has to be on The Ex A's that I really like list.

The Greatest Oakland A of all time!

Must also mention The Eck for the list of ex A's that I'll always love, though I know I'm missing a ton. The list would take an hour if I listed everyone.

That's one good thing, the list of ex A's that I like, far outweighs the list of the ones I don't like

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:00 pm:

One of my fave nicknames: "The Benbino" -- ironic, of course.

And now Jerry has given us: "Clarence" Thomas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:50 pm:

Here's one I forgot but I really just hated this guy.

Rich Becker

Do you guys remember him? Something about this guy really ticked me off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 10:09 pm:

Good call, mojo. Opening Night, 2000, versus the Tigers, if I remember correctly. Becker makes a horrendous error in the OF, which I believe lost the game for us. (Does anyone remember the details?)

That was his last year in the majors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 07:25 am:

Luis Palognia. Legal problems, weird last name and an awful Jerry Curl. EXECUTE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 07:18 pm:

Polonia. Why is that weird?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 09:31 pm:

I remember the Becker play!

Not sure if this was mentioned here but I couldn't stand to watch Adam Piatt!!!!
I REALLY thought he was going to tear stuff up in the majors after his unbelievable season in AA. But he never could hit major league pitching and Beane insisted on trotting him out in the outfield day after day, misplay after misplay! Probably a nice guy actually but I'm so glad he is gone!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.