Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Dallas Braden

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Dallas Braden
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By garyn on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 10:33 pm:

Apparently that screwball is too much for High A hitters, wonder when they will give him the AA test?

Tonight -

9 IP 5 H 1 R 1 ER 1W 11SO 1HR against San Jose, the Giants affiliate that leads the division (and got to Windsor for 4 runs the other night). He is 6-0 with an ERA of 2.68.

Also, Ethier, Johnson and Garcia all made BA's prospect hot sheet top twenty this week and Braden
made their honorable mention.

At times like these, watching the progress of our prospects in the minors is somewhat comforting....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 10:53 pm:

Went to Rivercats game today against Oklahoma in Sacramento. Found our new closer- J. Garcia, 1 1-3 no hit ball. 97 mph fastball (stadium clock) ooos and ahs from crowd. 84 mph slider-vitually unhittable. Completely overpowered the Redhawks. Major League stuff-no doubt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:32 pm:

threepeat, I think Street is the closer of the future. He has the stuff and the what's needed from the shoulder's up to be a top notch closer.

We all saw Garcia last year and he has great stuff but probably isn't ready to be anything more than a middle reliever with the A's.

Braden stats look good, hopefully he improves enough the next few years and makes it with the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 04:14 am:

I think Jairo will be put into a trade package with Byrnes very soon...Dotel's stock has dropped so much that we'd have to include Jairo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 06:51 pm:

It would be a big mistake to trade Jairo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 07:19 pm:

I hope we hold onto Jairo.

Sure he still has control issues, but his upside is much too high.

I'm hoping beyond hope, for a day that Jairo is our dominant 8th inning guy and Street our dominant Closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 07:19 pm:

Agreed.
I think we have found out we can't skimp on the bullpen like we did in years past. Middle relievers are alot more important than we used to think.

If Jairo gets his crap together and Calero gets healthy, we'll have a VERY nice set of middle power guys to set up Mr. Street next year.

I am not completely down on Dotel, but I am very excited to see what we get for him in the trade....I hope we trade him regardless of if we are in the hunt or not. I have a feeling there will be a TON of takers for him at the deadline.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.