Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Did anyone else read Zito's lips?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Did anyone else read Zito's lips?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 07:49 pm:

When Giambi came up for the first time tonight and the fans started booing, he turned to Bobby Crosby and said, "These people are f-----g dumb!" I had to replay it a few times on my Tivo but that's definitely what he said. How the hell can Zito blame us for being bitter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 08:43 pm:

I didn't get that at all. I read, "I don't believe this. These people are crazy."

Whatever, clearly Zito doesn't understand how the fans feel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:17 am:

Neither does Chavy who would welcome Jason back with open arms. I think that was a Journey song?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:37 am:

I was at the game, but I sat near a TV monitor. I thought he said, "That is ... fucked ... up."

I still think it was the Letterman appearance that cinched the fans' anger toward him. It was salt in the wound when he read that one part of the Top 10 list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 08:00 am:

If they don't know than they are the "Fucking dumb" ones....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 11:18 am:

They're in the biz. Players are trying to make money. We ARE dumb if we can't understand why Jason went to New York. Zito obviously wouldn't have a problem following the money either.

At the same time, it's our obligation to give 'em hell when they come back, 'specially after dissing us the way Jason did. And Zito's a moron if he doesn't get that.

Which, in the end, really means we're all just dumb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 11:36 am:

Let's be real here. Unless the guy is a complete asshole, (i.e. A.J. Pierzynski and Barry Bonds) players are always going to stick up for fellow players. Zito's reaction is perfectly normal for a player.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 04:26 pm:

ah yc, the voice of reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 10:58 pm:

Not that he ripped both the A's fans and the city of Oakland with his perfomances the weeks after signing with the Yankees from the Letterman apperance to that picture he took with a Yankee top and a green/gold shorts on; what did most expect when he came back.

He ripped the two groups that embraced him as one of their own basically going to the enemy that was almost the 100% opposite. This is the same guy who took a full page ad praising the A's fans for getting him selected to be an all star starter in 2000 then went out to rip us just a year and a half later.

Giambi can go 1-100 for all I could care, the guy is a bum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:53 am:

I, for one, am glad that Zito is sticking up for his friend....
Giambi has been and still is a classy guy. More classy than McGwire that is for sure.
I am glad that Zito is sticking up for his friend.
yes he left for more money and a better team...yes he has fallen off the planet as a player but he still stays and signs ALL of the fans autographs and except for ONE highly overstated, overquoted, over mentioned tv appearance (letterman), he has spoken very highly of his time here. And still has

Classic that some of you are pissed that Zito is sticking up for his FRIEND...CLASSIC.

Loyalty to friendship is a bit more important than a stupic sport.

Frikin' move on, he left and went to a better team and this team sucking and losing 100 games this year has nothing to do with him leaving.

Keep defending him Barry, it is your right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 09:19 am:

It is always a shot in the arm to read your angry posts Naomi. What is CLASSIC is your habit of drive by posting here.

It is out of loyalty to their hometown and their team those fans are boing Giambi, not because he left for more money. Others have left for better pastures and are very well received in Oakland.

Jason Giambi is a cheater just like all the other steroid boys. He deserves every bit of boo he gets, which is the only way fans can express their feelings.

Why don't you "frikin' move on" yourself'... use a bit of your own advice and go on to a better, intelligent and enlightened site more deserving of your insight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By calig on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 09:41 am:

"There's speculation that Giambi would negotiate a buyout from the Yankees and return to the comfort of Oakland. In fact, Giambi has told friends he'd love to play for the A's again, but the A's would welcome back Rickey Henderson before they'd welcome back Giambi, who turned off the organization in 2001 with the way he and his agent, Arn Tellem, handled contract talks, not to mention the steroid stuff."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/05/14/SPGB1CPCA71.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 12:40 pm:

Well, I had a bitter hatred for G when he signed with the yankees. He was my favorite player at the time and he left for the darkside. It was such a dagger of betrayal in the heart. I've hated him ever since. But, if he were traded back to the A's (which I'm pretty sure will never happen) I'll welcome him back. If he wanted to return to Oakland, I would see that as a form of apologizing. I'm all about forgiving and forgetting. And who wouldn't wanna see G come back and rediscover his swing again and help lead the A's to a World Series? That would be a perfect ending to the story. I know.....somebody on here will say...."not me."
And that is fine....each is entitled to their own opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 03:25 pm:

Do you think the vociferous booing was mostly coming from A's fans --- or mostly from Yankee fans who feel ripped off in the here and now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 04:56 pm:

hahahahahahaha

I love getting a rise outta Lil. Anytime I post anything youshe is the next poster after me.

Here is a challenge, if I am so unimportant then just let it go without your silly "go somewhere else then" comments. Or delete it like you have other anti-OAFC comments I have made in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 05:09 pm:

It seems to me you're the one who came in here to make an invitation for people to go elsewhere.
You're as unimportant as you make yourself and your contribution to this public forum has been to insult an entire group of posters who in reality have many different opinions.

I have never deleted any of your posts unless you've used foul language or made a personal attack or political statements.

But be my guest,if you love getting a rise outta me...I'm very glad that at least I made you laugh instead of your usual angry and insulting manner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ibleedgreen on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:01 pm:

Maybe I am crazy and upset over the whole season but, Zito of all people can't understand fans voicing their opinion? I thought he was open minded. I watched the game and immediately realized what he said. He got caught. He insulted some of his own team's fans. If he was on television he would have got the bleep button.
Barry can have his opinion about fans booing an admitted cheater and a guy who dissed the city he used to play ball in.
I boo Giambi but I do not dislike him. I boo him in jest really. He went to the enemy, he must be booed. He should expect it to a certain degree. I am disappointed with what Zito said. I understand him coming to the defense of a friend. I expect it. But I think he should explain what he meant. He clearly called the people booing Jason F--ing dumb or f--ing something. The guy who threw the beer on Jason on Saturday is dumb.
Again Zito can say what he wants and defend a former teammate, BUT, since he was "caught on tape" he should make some sort of statement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 09:09 pm:

At last night's game, Giambi was the only player who was loudly booed by BOTH sides. What does that tell you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 11:23 pm:

On Buan's show today, Giambi repeated what he said a few years ago, that we wouldn't boo him if we didn't miss him.

He's seriously deluded if he thinks fans would miss a .200 hitter making $18 million a year.

I would add that Giambi was very gracious in the interview.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 06:31 am:

"There's speculation that Giambi would negotiate a buyout from the Yankees and return to the comfort of Oakland. In fact, Giambi has told friends he'd love to play for the A's again, but the A's would welcome back Rickey Henderson before they'd welcome back Giambi, who turned off the organization in 2001 with the way he and his agent, Arn Tellem, handled contract talks, not to mention the steroid stuff."

I don't remember hearing of any specific problems during contract negociations. Except for the no-trade maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:50 am:

What the camera missed was Crosby's response to Zito, which was, "You think these people are f-----g dumb, you should see what this woman IMOAN writes in the OAFC forum!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 03:05 pm:

How do people here feel about Jason Giambi getting hit with a beer the other night? If you were there and witnessed it, did you cheer?

Just wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 03:39 pm:

Sorry, I missed the whole incident. I was busy visiting that other chatroom you posted the link to here the other day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 12:00 pm:

No one deserves to have beer thrown on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 12:01 pm:

I know what a waste of beer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 01:14 pm:

If it's Bell's, someone can throw it on me!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.