Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

all kendall's fault?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: all kendall's fault?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ugh on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 07:57 pm:

maybe this is too simplistic but look at dotel the other night
and harden just now......too many fastballs....show the fastball but you gotta get 'em out with some offspeed too...

rich is having success with the offspeed stuff....

let's just blame kendall so i can still like 24 guys....

dotel, harden, street, they can throw, can they pitch?
help us out jase!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ugh on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 08:04 pm:

ok, kendall isn't 100% in the suck club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:19 am:

ugh,

Are you by chance related to SactoD?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 08:08 am:

It's an interesting point, but not completely valid. Maybe though, there is something too that - maybe it's tied into Kendall's hitting adjustment - he DID go from the Fastball NL to the Junkball AL. Maybe he's used to calling for more fastballs??

I will say this, last year I remember yelling at through the tv at Dotel for trying to be too fine and throwing a bunch of sliders and not blowing the fastball by those hitters. Koch had a similar problem (though his control was worse) - he tried to be so cool - but with a 99 mph fastball, sometimes you gotta just use that. Dotel's problem is I am sure he's missed his spot AND we already know that his fastball has NO movement. Those 2 things combined spell BLOWN SAVE. I feel he has gotten lucky this year alot - at the same time, I think he's still got good stuff.

Bottom line is, we DON'T need him now. WHY have a "prime" closer on our team when we won't be going to the playoffs. Dotel is here to give street a year of experience. Street looks decent. Let's let him get some closer experience before ST next year.

I can't wait to see what we get for Dotel - it should be good and I hope BB makes the right call. Dotel SHOULD be packaged with another guy or 2 that we won't be retaining next year anyways - ie. force the other team to take that player or players - and in return we can clear some space and some salary room to make other moves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 11:10 am:

we should have gotten something good for huddy and mulder...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.