Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

If your gonna lose you might as well?????

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: If your gonna lose you might as well?????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:48 pm:

calll up the youngsters Dan Johnson Morrisay ect.... let em play ,Johnson should be up here lets have some fun watching our young guys at least.

Yabu has been a pleasant surprise might be time to make him a starter.

it looks like everyone we got for Huddy and maybe Mulder is a complete bomb period!!!!!! i really think you got to trade allstar players for legit allstar guys not 1 yr phenoms, we should have 2 great players for givning up 2 great pitchers period now we got a truck load of junk, remember the Dye trade we gave up farm guys that turned out not making it a few yrs later and everyone was praising beane ? well what comes around goes around now we got some one elses farm pheonms who turn into junk and out in a few yrs, can you say reverse de ja vue!! hey beane gotcha .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:02 pm:

I wouldn't give up on Haren, Barton and even Meyer yet.

Haren has pitched well for the most part, yeah he having his struggling but he still looks like a good pitcher in the future. Maybe not top of the line type pitchers like a Harden could be and what the Big 3 used to be, but a guy who can win you 12-15 games. Sort of like what Russ Ortiz was the past 4-5 years.

Barton, although is still what 20 years old, is a great hitting prospect and some have compared him to Pujols. Now he probably won't be the close to what Pujols is, though we can hope and pray but we won't know what he will be until maybe late this decade when he's up here for a few years.

Meyer, well if you look at past Braves top pitching propsect, they've done well even if it took them a long time to develop. Jason Smicitch for SF, Jason Marquis for Stl, Kevin Milwood for Phili/Cleve, and there are a few handful of others Braves pitching prospect that are having good careers right now.

You can't give up on these prospect the A's got in these deals. We don't really know until maybe the 2007-2008 season especially the pitchers.

I'm really tired of many A's fans blaming Beane. Calling him overrated and how he has been a great spin doctor the past half decade. You don't put up the 3rd or 4th best record in MLB the past 6 years without being good. Sure being lucky helps too but there is a reason why Beane has always been considered to be the best GM or at least one of the best GMs in baseball.

Fans just love to jump on when the going is down. How many Dodgers fans jumped on DePodesta's back after last year's trade and the past offseason's moves like not signing Beltre which looks like it's been a good move so far since Beltre is struggling.

I still trust Beane and if the A's don't make the playoffs this year, so what. I doubt many here thougth that the A's were playoff quality and if they got there, they would have done much.

The A's are rebuilding and Beane said it himself before the season started. I wonder how the atmosphere was around A's fans when the 98 and 99 season were happening. That's where I see the next few seasons going. Maybe the A's won't win much but they got develop these young players now like they did with Chavez, Tejada, Giambi, Hudson, Mulder those years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:59 pm:

SactoD

Could not agree with you more on the first part but it is way to early to call the Huddy and Mulder trades junk. Haren has good stuff and I think he will come around. The Huddy trade was just wrong it should have been Huddy & Scoot or Ellis for Giles and nothing less. Thomas looks like he can play & I think some time in Sac would help him. If Kiko can stay physicaly healthy and Cruz can stay mentaly healthy we will have a strong pen.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.