Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Poor Clark

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Poor Clark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 07:01 pm:

The A'S really gave Clark his shot at the Bigs didn't they? He appeared in only 3 games and had only 2 or 3 at bats. What was the point of bringing up in the first place? I hope they don't do the same to Watson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 07:29 pm:

Well, watson is starting in his first game, so that's a good sign. Yet again, in a way, the whole thing is stupid. We have what, 30 OF's on our team and we have to bring up another cause the others aren't hitting??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 07:39 pm:

I don't know why Clark was ever called up. Watson should have been called up in the first place.

asch, again most team's carry five outfielders so this is hardly abnormal.

Hopefully the next move is to dump Hatteberg on whoever wants him and call up Johnson. Then after Swisher is off the DL I'd deal Byrnes to whoever wants him. I'd hold off on trading Durazo and/or Dotel until the deadline. I know some will say that since they already have no shot at the postseason might as well tank the season. But even if you don't have a chance the object is still to win games. This looks like a 100 loss team right now and no free agent is going to want to sign for a 100 loss team. I think team is better with Watson and Johnson than Byrnes and Hatteberg. I don't think they are any better with Garcia and Cust than with Durazo and Dotel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.